Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-25-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
kate_unknown

Default GURPS Book List

I have been working on a complete list of GURPS books and other supplements for a while now and figured I would share in case anyone was interested.

Book List

It is still a work in progress and may be missing some books, if so let me know!

It has information like copyright date, edition, whether it seems to be PDF only and "Type".

I wouldn't get too hung up on the "type" part as it would be hard to make categories that suit everyone but here is what they mean in the list:
-Basic Set: Book of basic GURPS rules
-Templates: Book of mostly items that can be dragged and dropped into any campaign (spells, NPCs, vehicles, etc)
-Framework: Themed book with generic intent (Space, Magic, Robots, etc)
-Worldbook: Book specific to a setting (Yrth, Rome, Discworld, etc)
-Campaign: Scenarios to play
-Solo Campaign: Choose your own adventure style
-Charts: rules tables or maps
-Fill-able Sheet: Blank Documents to be filled

Let me know what you think!
kate_unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:28 PM   #2
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: GURPS Book List

It's nice that you're doing that; I appreciate your work. One book I see is missing is GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves by, er, um, me.
Alden Loveshade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:28 PM   #3
lugaid

Still working through it, but I can already see that you missed GURPS Mage: The Ascension, though you did get all three of the other WoD conversions.

Last edited by lugaid; 01-25-2022 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Added Shapeshifters, then removed because I didn't realize it was that late in time
lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:46 PM   #4
lugaid

Some typos and minor corrections:

GURPS Adaptations, not GURPS Adaptions

Nordlond Saga or (properly) Noršlond Saga, not Norolond Saga

The copyright date for GURPS Space: Terradyne is 1991
Old 01-26-2022, 10:18 AM   #5
kate_unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Loveshade View Post
It's nice that you're doing that; I appreciate your work. One book I see is missing is GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves by, er, um, me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugaid View Post
Still working through it, but I can already see that you missed GURPS Mage: The Ascension, though you did get all three of the other WoD conversions.
Hmm, both of these are showing up when I search for them are you sure they are missing on your end? Please note that they aren't sorted in any particular fashion (just added as I find books). I tried to sort by copyright date but that seems to only show up on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugaid View Post
Some typos and minor corrections:

GURPS Adaptations, not GURPS Adaptions

Nordlond Saga or (properly) Noršlond Saga, not Norolond Saga

The copyright date for GURPS Space: Terradyne is 1991
Thank you! I have made the update on my primary spreadsheet for these and will fix them on the google doc once I make some other additions (need to add earlier version of books with second and third editions but no first.)

Last edited by kate_unknown; 01-26-2022 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added explaination about sorting to first part of answer
Old 01-26-2022, 01:01 PM   #6
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_unknown View Post
Hmm, both of these are showing up when I search for them are you sure they are missing on your end?....
I had looked for titles using my computer's standard search function. But it appears that won't find any of the titles.
Alden Loveshade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 01:14 PM   #7
kate_unknown

Quote:
I had looked for titles using my computer's standard search function. But it appears that won't find any of the titles.
Google Docs can be strange sometimes. I have the book listed on row 536 if you wanted to look at it's entry

It may also be that I use : between titles and subtitles so if you searched "Fantasy Folk Elves" it wouldn't come up since it is entered as "Fantasy Folk: Elves"

Last edited by kate_unknown; 01-26-2022 at 01:28 PM. Reason: After updating spreadsheet row index went from 510 to 536, edited post accordingly
Old 01-26-2022, 01:49 PM   #8
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
I found it with a Ctrl-F search on "elves", but Google Docs' Ctrl-H will work.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:11 AM   #9
lugaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_unknown View Post
Hmm, both of these are showing up when I search for them are you sure they are missing on your end? Please note that they aren't sorted in any particular fashion (just added as I find books). I tried to sort by copyright date but that seems to only show up on my end.
I had sorted them by date, but did not see GURPS Mage: The Ascension anywhere near its publication date of 1994. Perhaps I just missed it.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:26 AM   #10
lugaid

Related typos:

Nordlond Saga: The Citadel of Nordvorn, not "Norovorn"

Nordlond Saga: Nordlondr Folk, not "Norolondr" (again, the eth is more appropriate, but d is acceptable)

GURPS GM's Screen, not "Screene"

Also, found GURPS Mage: The Ascension in your list. The date should be 1994.

While I'm at it, GURPS Lensman should be dated 1993.

GURPS The Prisoner, surprisingly, does not have a copyright date (that I could find). From internal clues (in its bibliography, it mentions a book published in 1988 and a book scheduled to be published in Fall of 1989), it seems that it was published in 1988 or 1989, probably the latter.

Tags
gurps, supplements