Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-27-2023, 07:35 AM   #11
Celjabba

Default Re: Geese Stats

The DFRPG Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies have game bird stats, with stats for large one such as grey geese.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 02:05 PM   #12
Derrick_rp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburr0003 View Post
I wouldn't bother giving them stats, just make them able to do whatever is needed to give the party a bad day...
The geese are allies, not enemies. A PC has a flock of trained geese that follow him everywhere. I am looking for stats so I can price them as allies and give them appropriate combat statistics
Derrick_rp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 02:18 PM   #13
Pursuivant

Waterfowl are just ornery. Give them Bad Temper. Traits like Bully might be appropriate. They certainly have Hidebound and Chummy. They also have the SOP Perk (Feed as a flock with at least 1 goose on sentry duty at all times.)
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 02:39 PM   #14
RGTraynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_rp View Post
The geese are allies, not enemies. A PC has a flock of trained geese that follow him everywhere. I am looking for stats so I can price them as allies and give them appropriate combat statistics
A flock of geese as his allies? (Not all that nuts; domesticated geese were used low-tech for watchdogs.) God help his enemies.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 03:17 PM   #15
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_rp View Post
They will need to be at least 25% of the PC's total individually. If they aren't they're Dependents not Allies.

Even 50 cp might be a lot for an IQ 3 or 4 animal. You can probably take that 25% figure and just see how far you can get with it. These could end up being tougher than usual geese.
Old 04-27-2023, 03:46 PM   #16
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
They will need to be at least 25% of the PC's total individually. If they aren't they're Dependents not Allies.
Note that GURPS Supers has rules for smaller percentages.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 05:34 PM   #17
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Nope, a base-cost [1] Ally is up to 25% of the PC's total - that's a maximum, not a minimum. A Dependent is a character who's presence is a detriment to the PC... but you can readily have a useful Ally who has a negative point total. As Bill notes, there are rules to be able to pay less for Allies with significantly less than 25% of the PC's total - I can't speak to GURPS Supers, but GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 9: Summoners lets you have an Ally with up to 5% of the PC's total (and negative-point Allies would count as "up to 5%") for a base cost of only [0.2].
Old 04-27-2023, 07:17 PM   #18
mburr0003

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTraynor View Post
A flock of geese as his allies? (Not all that nuts; domesticated geese were used low-tech for watchdogs.) God help his enemies.
And his friends, allies, family members... geese aren't loyal, they'll attack anyone they think they can get away with roughing up.
mburr0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:26 PM   #19
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Nope, a base-cost [1] Ally is up to 25% of the PC's total - that's a maximum, not a minimum.].
Ah, they changed that when I wasn't looking. I was probably quoting 3e text. So sorry. Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:38 PM   #20
RGTraynor

Beyond that, we wouldn't be talking about a 50 CP goose, would we? This is an ally group. We might be talking about a small flock of 8-10 pters.

"Call me old-fashioned, but after you're dead, I don't think you should be entitled to a Dodge any more." - my wife

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying. It's that I disagree with what you're saying.
RGTraynor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allies, dependents, goose, intimidation