Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-08-2023, 11:48 AM   #511
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Always nervous..." Royal doesn't seem to know quite how to react to that. "We'll get that fixed. You can feel nervous, but shouldn't prevent you from acting confidently"
"Fixed? What does that mean?"

"Well even still, if I'm feeling nervous that's going to affect how I'm presenting myself to someone who can read my mind. Or am I thinking about this wrong."
Quote:
"And you were a Astropic all this time. We'll show you what living is all about. Its a joy."
I reflect back on my experiences in Bumundo. "Well, I may have been living poorly, and pushing a basket was drudgery, but there were good moments to look back to then."

Quote:
"It's Fried Fruit. The fruit is designed to be fried... Its thicker than chips. just try it."

I've never had turnips. Its closer to a cooked carrot or cantaloupe. Its a flat slice of the fruit, maybe as thick as a slice of bread.
Turnip is like potato.

I look at a slice as I chew it. "I dunno, this seems as thick as some chips I've had, though... Oh! You thought I meant crisps, not..." I drum my fingers searching for the word, "Fries. Yeah."

It seems like the future belongs to the Americans. I get a playful thought, "So are we speaking English or American?"

Quote:
Royal: "I don't know. They package it to cook properly, so I guess. That's something Florence might know. Or Seven."
I decide to look it up later. Surely there's something like How It's Made in the 35th century.
Quote:
Something about it feels minimal. Maybe its just that there is no stove, no knife block, a bathroom-sized sink, no appliances sitting on the counters, and all the appliances are disguised as cupboards. On closer inspection, it seems there is a dishwasher, and some of the Cabinet's are actually refrigerated.
I ask who I'm with, "Are kitchens always this... Minimal?"

Quote:
The exits are off the public spaces, running the same direction as the hall. The public spaces are just couches, tables, chairs, and some cupboards. There doesn't seem to be any public entertainment, and the decoration is spartan.

Slam: "As long as we're crashing here."
Well that clarifies things.
Quote:
LOL. He's going to get really weird settings and decide he likes it or something.
Hopefully he doesn't get stuck in bed.

Quote:
For now, a touch screen, though if he asks for keyboard and mouse its available.
He's fine with a tablet. He isn't going to be typing that much anyway.

Quote:
"Jewels? That's too close to your real name. Lets try something some more anonymous."

"Rook? Rook works. What does it mean?"
"Well, you know, like a rookie. Rook-ee, get it? Or the chess piece that moves in straight lines."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 11:08 AM   #512
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Fixed? What does that mean?"
"We'll overcome that. Get you nice and confident."

Quote:
"Well even still, if I'm feeling nervous that's going to affect how I'm presenting myself to someone who can read my mind. Or am I thinking about this wrong."
"A confident aspect will help, even to someone you're communicating with through astropics. Besides, you said you heard their voice in your head, so its probably like talking."

Quote:
I reflect back on my experiences in Bumundo. "Well, I may have been living poorly, and pushing a basket was drudgery, but there were good moments to look back to then."
Royal: "I see far grander things in your future than pushing baskets."

Quote:
I look at a slice as I chew it. "I dunno, this seems as thick as some chips I've had, though... Oh! You thought I meant crisps, not..." I drum my fingers searching for the word, "Fries. Yeah."

It seems like the future belongs to the Americans. I get a playful thought, "So are we speaking English or American?"
Royal: "We're speaking English. America is a place, not a language."

Quote:
I decide to look it up later. Surely there's something like How It's Made in the 35th century.
Julian has curious, doesn't he? Since he's got the access later in the post... Its a genetically engineered legume, like soy, pinto, or kudzu.

Quote:
I ask who I'm with, "Are kitchens always this... Minimal?"
Slam: "Minimal? This isn't minimal. This is clean and mostly unused."

Quote:
Hopefully he doesn't get stuck in bed.
Nothing that bad!

Quote:
"Well, you know, like a rookie. Rook-ee, get it? Or the chess piece that moves in straight lines."
Slam: "A combination between Chess and Rookie? Cool."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 11:35 AM   #513
TGLS

Quote:
"We'll overcome that. Get you nice and confident."

"A confident aspect will help, even to someone you're communicating with through astropics. Besides, you said you heard their voice in your head, so its probably like talking."
"I guess so. It's almost as new to me as it is to you."

Quote:
Royal: "I see far grander things in your future than pushing baskets."
I have a slight smile, "Hopefully yeah"

Quote:
Royal: "We're speaking English. America is a place, not a language."
"Well, so is England. Didn't stop the place name for being changed into language name too. Guess at least some things stay the same over a thousand years..."
Quote:
Julian has curious, doesn't he? Since he's got the access later in the post... Its a genetically engineered legume, like soy, pinto, or kudzu.
Yup, definitely processed. Maybe even sweetened.
Quote:
Slam: "Minimal? This isn't minimal. This is clean and mostly unused."
"But where are the knives? Or the hobs? You know, for pots and pans. Or for that matter, why's everything hidden away? Like is there a kettle stashed away in there too?"
Quote:
Slam: "A combination between Chess and Rookie? Cool."
"Well, sort of fit in with Royal I guess."
Old 05-10-2023, 09:01 AM   #514
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"But where are the knives? Or the hobs? You know, for pots and pans. Or for that matter, why's everything hidden away? Like is there a kettle stashed away in there too?"
"We use the cutter instead." Slam pulls open a cabinet and a board pops out. the "cutter" has many mechanically mounted blades in it. "Yeah, I prefer real knives, but we're not staying here too long.

Figuring out pots and pans and hobs and burners takes a while, and it seems that everything is an appliance of some sort. They've got a kettle, mounted on its own little appliance slot.

Slam: "Its the clean look. Everyone wants their kitchen clean, and this does it. Can't be looking cluttered or anything."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-10-2023, 09:10 AM   #515
TGLS

Quote:
Slam: "Its the clean look. Everyone wants their kitchen clean, and this does it. Can't be looking cluttered or anything."
I examine all these cabinets, each with their own appliance inside. "But isn't it a bit of a pain when you splatter on the inside of the cabinet? Like, you got to open the cabinet up, take the appliance out and then wipe it out, instead of reaching around or anything."

Seems a bit like kitchens today, except all the appliances are put away, and they stay in their nooks, instead of taking the blender out, assembling and putting away.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:34 AM   #516
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I examine all these cabinets, each with their own appliance inside. "But isn't it a bit of a pain when you splatter on the inside of the cabinet? Like, you got to open the cabinet up, take the appliance out and then wipe it out, instead of reaching around or anything."

Seems a bit like kitchens today, except all the appliances are put away, and they stay in their nooks, instead of taking the blender out, assembling and putting away.
Slam: "How would I know? This kitchen is overkill. It's too much for me. I just stick my food in and let it cook. I'm not about the appliances, I'm about the food"

Old 05-11-2023, 09:50 AM   #517
TGLS

Quote:
Slam: "How would I know? This kitchen is overkill. It's too much for me.
"So this kitchen has like, every appliance in it? Weird... Why would that be?"
Quote:
I just stick my food in and let it cook. I'm not about the appliances, I'm about the food"
"Well I burnt rice before, so I'm not sure about just letting it cook."
Old 05-12-2023, 09:02 AM   #518
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"So this kitchen has like, every appliance in it? Weird... Why would that be?"
Slam: "Because It's a nice place."

Quote:
"Well I burnt rice before, so I'm not sure about just letting it cook."
Slam: "What, did you stick it in the wrong contraption?"

Old 05-12-2023, 09:16 AM   #519
TGLS

Quote:
Slam: "Because It's a nice place."
This will help Julian modulate his expectations of what "luxury" means.
Quote:
Slam: "What, did you stick it in the wrong contraption?"
"No, I left it on the hob too long, and it burnt."

I jump to another topic:

"Why's the sink so small?"

I also go to check the bathrooms just in case it's different so I'm not surprised later.

Last edited by TGLS; 05-13-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:55 PM   #520
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Sinks here are large, mirrors plentiful, Toilets covered in knobs, and the showers have multiple shower heads and digital controls.

Tags
lost in dreams