Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #11
David Johansen

Default Re: Best super power to have in WW2?

Invisibility to bureaucracy.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:54 AM   #12
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johansen View Post
Invisibility to bureaucracy.
You mean Zeroed?
Old 11-01-2020, 12:21 PM   #13
Tessen

You might possess a super power that could potentially end the war but don't forget your enemy might possess a super power that could stop you. Or maybe they have the same powers!.

I find for every power someone will have a super power team or technology to stop you.
Tessen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:41 PM   #14
Anders

I wouldn't want to be Dr Manhattan. I don't want to see the strings.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #15
AlexanderHowl

I think that many super powers would be good. A more interesting question might be what would have been the worst superpower for a member of the Axis to developed for the goals of the Allies. For example, imagine if Hitler had developed Intuition (Inspired, +100%; Reliable, +10, +50%; Super, -10%) [42]. He would have been able to pick the best strategies from those suggested by his advisors and generals.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:03 PM   #16
David Johnston2

Telepathy., (Mindreading and Mind Probe). To heck with combat, I wanna be an interrogator.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #17
Anders

Quick Gadgeteer would allow you to make a lot of money inventing creative ways to kill people.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:10 PM   #18
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessen View Post
I've thought of one if I was an Air raid warden in London how about sense life...you know finding survivors trapped under the rubble.
That can also be useful for someone sneaking behind enemy lines or the like (or being a guard stopping such sneaky folk).

As for most useful, for combat (and avoiding war-ending abilities and the like) arguably Unkillable 3 with some degree of regeneration and probably a reliable suicide ability (so you can’t be captured). If you can swing having Signature Gear respawn with you (or have additional abilities that make gear less necessary, like an innate attack that can stand in for a rifle), and your regen is strong enough, you can practically be a one-man army. Even without that, an infinite supply of soldiers is potentially dangerous even if they’re all naked and unarmed, and of course you’re well-suited for “disarming” traps and the like.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:43 PM   #19
johndallman
Night Watchman

From a long-running occult WWII campaign, where many of the characters use magic-as-powers, Night Vision is amazingly useful, and pretty cheap.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:52 PM   #20
David Johnston2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
From a long-running occult WWII campaign, where many of the characters use magic-as-powers, Night Vision is amazingly useful, and pretty cheap.
One of my favourite Axis characters, Zen Bowman is blind but has huge levels of blind fighting to the point where he can shoot people from hundreds of yards away with his arrows making him a terrifying archer at night.
David Johnston2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
superpower, wwii