Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #21
TheBiff

Default Re: Munchkin Conan at Warehouse 23

I agree completely about Super. To much power to quickly. Also the monsters are tough enough, not even close. Booty I found a little on the easy side. I have never read the comics of Axe Cop but it is one of my favorite sets. The cards and card powers are so off the wall. This is a time where Munchkin and the Munchkin themes bleed through so much where having no prior knowledge on the source doesnt matter, which is something I think you would like.
TheBiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #22
Mister Ed

Default Re: Munchkin Conan at Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiff View Post
I agree completely about Super. To much power to quickly. Also the monsters are tough enough, not even close. Booty I found a little on the easy side. I have never read the comics of Axe Cop but it is one of my favorite sets. The cards and card powers are so off the wall. This is a time where Munchkin and the Munchkin themes bleed through so much where having no prior knowledge on the source doesnt matter, which is something I think you would like.
I have read Axe Cop, and love that set. I'm hoping that blending it with Super would make for a great game. Axe Cop is exactly the sort of license that I, personally, think is the perfect fit for Munchkin, because it is already chock full of humor as is, being something of a parody itself. If you get a license, you really SHOULD be putting stuff from the license straight in the game, since otherwise, why not just do parody WITHOUT a license? So IMHO, a good license is one where you CAN just put stuff straight from the source material into the game without losing the level of humor Munchkin is known for.

In my limited experience with the Conan license (from the booster and sample cards from the core set), that doesn't work too well. Conan just isn't funny to me straight up, which is what a lot of the monsters and items seem to be. Not parody of Conan material, but straight inclusion of it. That's what makes it seem less promising to me as a license. But I've got to play it to see if that observation is borne out (at least for me) on the full scale. I'd really LIKE to find it awesome, since it would add that many more cards to my huge pool of Fantasy cards. :-D

Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-22-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Mister Ed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conan, munchkin