Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #11
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS HP & FP Tracker (application)

Posted a new update. Doubled the number of tabs to 8; 48 characters total. Added ability to rename tabs through the dropdown menu.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:55 PM   #12
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Posted a new update. Doubled the number of tabs to 8; 48 characters total. Added ability to rename tabs through the dropdown menu.
Cool. I'll try to get it running under WINE and let you know how it goes. I haven't used WINE in a while so it didn't even occur to me to try it out. That would make things simpler than trying to recompile/java-fy it etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
Whoa guys, stop being so demanding. ericbsmith, did this for free, and likely out of love of the system. You have no right to be whiny.
Wasn't trying to come across as whiny... hope I didn't anyway. I just thought I'd point out that a number of the forum members use Linux instead of Windows. I was hoping that Eric could do it with a simple recompile but I am ignorant with respect to C#, so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to do it. Since it seems to be a big deal I'll just try WINE now that I remembered it exists... @:-)
Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post
Cool. I'll try to get it running under WINE and let you know how it goes. I haven't used WINE in a while so it didn't even occur to me to try it out. That would make things simpler than trying to recompile/java-fy it etc.
I personally use VirtualBox to get some use of my legal windows license, that came with the computer. Sure, I can't run high performance apps/3d aps with it, but for almost anything, it's sufficient, and it's much less of a hassle than WinE

Quote:
Wasn't trying to come across as whiny... hope I didn't anyway. I just thought I'd point out that a number of the forum members use Linux instead of Windows. I was hoping that Eric could do it with a simple recompile but I am ignorant with respect to C#, so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to do it. Since it seems to be a big deal I'll just try WINE now that I remembered it exists... @:-)
Recompiling C# should not be neccessary, since technically, they run on a virtual machine (the .net framework) and a port of said virtual machine exists (mono) but MS makes everything it can to keep the compatibility at minimums, specially for the GUI elements. If you release the source, it might be possible to see if it compiles under Mono, and thus if it's possible to run it under it.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
Ragitsu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post
Well, I wasn't specifically addressing you in that instance.

I guess my objection stemmed from the fact that on many occasions, real life and the internet, someone does something for free that's entertainment related and it becomes a big hit. Then, they are repeatedly asked, and even demanded, to do something else.
Ragitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragitsu View Post
I guess my objection stemmed from the fact that on many occasions, real life and the internet, someone does something for free that's entertainment related and it becomes a big hit. Then, they are repeatedly asked, and even demanded, to do something else.
Success is its own punishment? @:-) This is sort-of like someone who puts out a hit record or movie. Everyone is after a sequel...
Old 04-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
Panzerfaust

Well, this has ALWAYS been a pain in the arse as me for a gm. Maybe now I can get rid of the old spreadsheet system I had been using for the longest time. I'll get this thing installed and let ya know how it works on my lil win7 netbook.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #17
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Posted a new update, details above.
(if you have any connection issues please try again later... I've got to rewire my network tonight, so it'll be down for a short period)
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 04-30-2010 at 05:29 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #18
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Posted a new update, details above.
(if you have any connection issues please try again later... I've got to rewire my network tonight, so it'll be down for a short period)
May your router switch true! @:-)
Old 09-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #19
Onkl

I just found this, thanks a bunch!

I can finally send my XLS Sheet to RIP.

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #20
The Wrathchild

Location: A nice, warm rock with an excellent view of the Damned

I seem to spot a bug. Activating the energy reserve causes the Current Dodge score to dissapear for character #1 upon unchecking

Tags
combat, game aids, gurpsland