Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #11
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Involuntary no-benefit Leech?

If you want it to be once per minute/hour, onset sounds about right (you might need powers to fine tune it correctly). That would make it so they have to touch someone for a minute/hour to actually affect them.

EDIT: As for Steal Youth, just put the Steal Youth modifier on a Toxic Attack if you don't care about healing your age.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #12
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
EDIT: As for Steal Youth, just put the Steal Youth modifier on a Toxic Attack if you don't care about healing your age.
! The Steal Youth modifier from Leech is the problem, IMO, looking far too pricey for what it does, but I think you've hit upon a possible solution... using Toxic Radiation as a guide or a model for an Aging attack. I'll have to ponder that when I have access to my books.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
Anthony

Given the speed you want, Lifebane (B142) may do the job for you.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #14
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Leech with Steal Youth *is* permanent. Granted, the cheaper version lets you get your youth back if the Leech dies, but, that's just the non-Cosmic version of Permanent.
Now that begs the question, what if you have "unkillable 3" do you die but get better, or do you seriously never die meaning even with the +300 version they'd never get the youth back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Given the speed you want, Lifebane (B142) may do the job for you.
Possibly, although that's more an aura still.

Okay, so here is what I have now (and as you can see it's for a psychic vampire incubus/succubus like species... but they don't HAVE to "steal youth" from people, they choose to)

Leech (1HP/sec; Accessibility (only on opposite sex) (+2); Always On
(effects are dangerous); Backlash: Ecstasy (this is why they want to even if they don't need to); Psychic Healing (should probably change this to psychic vampirism in this case actually, although they have other actual psychic healing powers and it's the same point cost so doesn't matter in the long run);
Sexual Agent (same cost as blood agent); Steal Youth (permanent +450% but as I say above, would it be necessary if they are unkillable? Kind of a "min max" issues); Euphoria)

As for the PC/NPC question, at this time it's only an NPC species (I am however not usually adverse to players playing anything that exists in the campaign, as long as the points allow) as they are intended more to be a sort of moral quandary... Are they villains just because they have this ability they can't control? What if they make the decision never to use it? Should they still be hunted down and imprisoned because they MIGHT someday use it? (The campaign has all of our legends and myths are real, so these are the "succubus" demons... the few that have been found out to exist are mostly imprisoned) They may be unable to be killed, but there are things you can do with an unkillable person... stuff that might make them wish they could die.

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:07 AM   #15
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash Moon View Post
Now that begs the question, what if you have "unkillable 3" do you die but get better, or do you seriously never die meaning even with the +300 version they'd never get the youth back?
The only way you could be dead enough for Leech to return somebody's youth is if you're killed by a Cosmic: Unhealable Attack. If it ain't Cosmic, it ain't killing you (unless you have an Achilles' Heel).
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:53 AM   #16
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
The only way you could be dead enough for Leech to return somebody's youth is if you're killed by a Cosmic: Unhealable Attack. If it ain't Cosmic, it ain't killing you (unless you have an Achilles' Heel).
Okay, yeah so hey it's POSSIBLE for them to die, but highly unlikely. So they still count as +300 but... :P And yeah, no Achille's Heel that's part of the "problem" with them... angels have supernatural durability but the succubus have straight up unkillable 2 (originally was 3, but decided to make it so they could be imprisoned in a source of eternal damage, giving the stories of "Hell" merit)

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 AM   #17
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Okay, yeah so hey it's POSSIBLE for them to die, but highly unlikely. So they still count as +300 but... :P And yeah, no Achille's Heel that's part of the "problem" with them... angels have supernatural durability but the succubus have straight up unkillable 2 (originally was 3, but decided to make it so they could be imprisoned in a source of eternal damage, giving the stories of "Hell" merit)
Well, Hell IS meant to be a place of eternal torment, so, being allowed to be killed forever there would be quite counter-intuitive. It just seems more likely that they'd ensure you stay conscious, even at -10xHP there.

Granted, a weapon Blessed by the Big Man Himself might count as Cosmic for the purpose of putting down Unkillable permanently, while functioning as Divine for all other purposes.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #18
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
As for the PC/NPC question, at this time it's only an NPC species (I am however not usually adverse to players playing anything that exists in the campaign, as long as the points allow) as they are intended more to be a sort of moral quandary...
The question as to whether it's allowed for player's is important, since there's no real need to bother designing an ability that they won't be using. All you need in that case are the specifics of what it does without concern as to how it would be modeled in game mechanics terms. If PCs will have access to it, then you might want to make sure that it's balanced, compared to other choices that they could make, so that any character with that template is not at an undue advantage or disadvantage.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #19
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Well, Hell IS meant to be a place of eternal torment, so, being allowed to be killed forever there would be quite counter-intuitive. It just seems more likely that they'd ensure you stay conscious, even at -10xHP there.

Granted, a weapon Blessed by the Big Man Himself might count as Cosmic for the purpose of putting down Unkillable permanently, while functioning as Divine for all other purposes.
That may or may not be possible, but part of the campaign is that the angels and such are just VERY VERY powerful aliens... so if anything, the Big Man Himself at most would just be the most powerful of all. As for the eternal torment thing, who's to say what happens to you while you are regenerating? Who's to say you don't feel that constant damage that keeps you from becoming fully conscious? :P Mwhahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
The question as to whether it's allowed for player's is important, since there's no real need to bother designing an ability that they won't be using. All you need in that case are the specifics of what it does without concern as to how it would be modeled in game mechanics terms. If PCs will have access to it, then you might want to make sure that it's balanced, compared to other choices that they could make, so that any character with that template is not at an undue advantage or disadvantage.
See, I've never been one to fudge rules for NPCs. In order to keep things fair and balanced, I feel it's best to make an NPC (other than cannon fodder) completely so that you know that you aren't putting a 1000 point character up against your 500 point characters, unless that's your intention. If you just go "oh i want this ability for the NPC" and ignore what it might cost for a player, you can risk making it too powerful without realizing it. Plus, as I said... if a player asked to play one, i would actually consider it, it wouldn't be a straight up "No, it's for NPCs only" because as I said, I generally don't do that.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #20
Nereidalbel

Quote:
That may or may not be possible, but part of the campaign is that the angels and such are just VERY VERY powerful aliens... so if anything, the Big Man Himself at most would just be the most powerful of all. As for the eternal torment thing, who's to say what happens to you while you are regenerating? Who's to say you don't feel that constant damage that keeps you from becoming fully conscious? :P Mwhahaha!
Upon reaching a certain tech level, everything you do is either Magic or Cosmic, compared to those of lower levels. After all, the Chronotech of the Red Alert series is on the scale of Cosmic "you're gone!" as far as everybody else is concerned!

Tags
leech, steal youth, succubus