Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2022, 12:24 PM   #1541
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The guards in the lower missile section report they encountered no resistance: the crew has left, and a nuke is missing.
I'll check to see if there are any warheads rigged to detonate. Then I'll think about where the missing warhead could be.

Quote:
[1101] 22-08-05 20:20:44 CEST
Tactics Default
3d6 <= 8
5 + 1 + 4 = 10 ... failure
I can't figure it out. I'll recall most of the guards from the lower missiles area up here (i.e. all but two), then have the guards shuttle the captured missiles crew down to the 19th floor, and seal them up near the other captured crew.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #1542
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What does Pacifica do?
Pacifica sticks to the plan, she is using her acting skill (as previously stated) and a fast-talk roll in combination with the plan to imbue the situation with realism.

The Dreadstormers are coming!

Acting
3d6 <= 15
4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success

Fast-talk
3d6 <= 13
3 + 2 + 6 = 11 ... success

Since this is a more pressing matter, it should stop their discussion and open an opportunity to execute “the pincer”.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #1543
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Perception ... critical success! He perceives everything! :P
Daymar spots the first reactor engineer he tried to brainwash gripping a screwdriver the wrong way... and flexing his muscles on it. He's pretty sure the guy is planning to use it as a weapon. And he keeps glancing at Daymar...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica sticks to the plan, she is using her acting skill (as previously stated) and a fast-talk roll in combination with the plan to imbue the situation with realism.

The Dreadstormers are coming!

Since this is a more pressing matter, it should stop their discussion and open an opportunity to execute “the pincer”.
Pacifica yells out her warning a good 10 seconds before the men are due to show up. It only slows Tutuna down for a second.


"Grab him!"


There is shooting inside of the compartment.



The "dreadstormers" fire back and forth at each other, without anyone scoring a hit. The men in the compartment run out of the back door, not joining in the fight.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll check to see if there are any warheads rigged to detonate. Then I'll think about where the missing warhead could be.

I can't figure it out. I'll recall most of the guards from the lower missiles area up here (i.e. all but two), then have the guards shuttle the captured missiles crew down to the 19th floor, and seal them up near the other captured crew.
Hua sets about sealing all of the prisoners in compartments on the 19th floor.


Lets go down the status of the sections:
  • Missiles has been taken
  • The command centers are captured
  • Power has been taken
  • Life support is captured and held by Vibibu
  • The security quarters are captured. Morale, who sit just below them have not been captured.
  • The officer quarters are mostly empty and being diverted by Vinobi
  • Lasers is being kept quiet by Jokuchi
  • The manuever engine is being kept quiet by Jivithi
  • Shields is not an immediate risk but is not taken.
  • The transportation section has not been captured
  • The people in the Warp core (the most active area on the ship over the last week) are presumably leaderless, but aware of the fighting.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:53 PM   #1544
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
  • Life support is captured and held by Vibibu
Hey, this gives me an idea! I'll have the life support crew corralled up (or is it down?) to Deck 19, along with Vibibu. Then I can stick Vibibu & Bujithi into the same cell, and see if there's any actionable intelligence generated. At the very least the freed up security from life support could help with the next target.

--

Assuming everyone's still busy after I move the life support personnel to deck 19, I guess I'll head on to the morale section next. I'll try to slip into the quarters to take them from behind. The guards should breach the morale quarters a minute after I slip in.

Quote:
[1106] 22-08-10 20:52:42 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 4 + 3 = 13 ... success
[1105] 22-08-10 20:52:33 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
5 + 5 + 3 = 13 ... success
[1104] 22-08-10 20:52:20 CEST
IQ for timing
3d6 <= 14
6 + 6 + 2 = 14 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 05:05 PM   #1545
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar spots the first reactor engineer he tried to brainwash gripping a screwdriver the wrong way... and flexing his muscles on it. He's pretty sure the guy is planning to use it as a weapon. And he keeps glancing at Daymar...
Daymar will try Suggestion on him, ordering him to drop the screwdriver and lay down on the ground with his hands behind his head.

[1107] 22-08-11 01:04:21 CEST

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
3 + 4 + 2 = 9 ... success (this includes absorbing -1 of range penalties from high skill, anything more will reduce his margin of success).
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:44 AM   #1546
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will try Suggestion on him, ordering him to drop the screwdriver and lay down on the ground with his hands behind his head.
You can see a livid anger on his face as he obeys. He knows what you're doing to him, and he doesn't like it, but he has no choice.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hey, this gives me an idea! I'll have the life support crew corralled up (or is it down?) to Deck 19, along with Vibibu. Then I can stick Vibibu & Bujithi into the same cell, and see if there's any actionable intelligence generated. At the very least the freed up security from life support could help with the next target.
It will take a short while for Vibibu to get the information ... but Hua goes ahead and starts the process.

Quote:
Assuming everyone's still busy after I move the life support personnel to deck 19, I guess I'll head on to the morale section next. I'll try to slip into the quarters to take them from behind. The guards should breach the morale quarters a minute after I slip in.
Daymar should be available to help with that if you wish.



As Hua moves through the ship, she can tell that word of the fighting has spread. The normally busy "downtown" of the ship has been evacuated, and she runs into a compartment door that has been locked from the other side... seemingly randomly. People are moving through the halls with distrusting eyes, and at a hurried pace.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:54 PM   #1547
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
The "dreadstormers" fire back and forth at each other, without anyone scoring a hit. The men in the compartment run out of the back door, not joining in the fight.
Pacifica makes us of her sense of perception to look for enemies (and Zybo) without exposing herself; she takes cover and readies her gun.

Observation (sense of perception):
3d6 <= 14
1 + 3 + 5 = 9 ... success.

I will decide what to do after understanding the enemy positions.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:57 PM   #1548
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It will take a short while for Vibibu to get the information ... but Hua goes ahead and starts the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar should be available to help with that if you wish.
Well, I'll let him know. If he comes, that's great, if he doesn't, then he probably found something more immediate to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As Hua moves through the ship, she can tell that word of the fighting has spread. The normally busy "downtown" of the ship has been evacuated, and she runs into a compartment door that has been locked from the other side... seemingly randomly.
So pick that door or reroute, yeah?
I'll try to pick the door, unless it's sealed like the door from the missiles section.
Quote:
[1109] 22-08-12 02:55:14 CEST
Lockpicking

3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
People are moving through the halls with distrusting eyes, and at a hurried pace.
I wonder if we ought to just start arresting everyone in the hallways regardless of cause. Maybe if there's no one in the morale section we ought to do that instead.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #1549
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica makes us of her sense of perception to look for enemies (and Zybo) without exposing herself; she takes cover and readies her gun.

I will decide what to do after understanding the enemy positions.
There are two people prone and breathing but not moving. One of them is draped over what you presume is the bomb. You think that one's Zybo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So pick that door or reroute, yeah?
I'll try to pick the door, unless it's sealed like the door from the missiles section.
Its sealed like the door from the missiles section. Almost no one has keys, but everyone has access to the levers.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:23 PM   #1550
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its sealed like the door from the missiles section. Almost no one has keys, but everyone has access to the levers.
Well now... I'm going to go looking for a crowbar with extra time then. I'm in no hurry to get to the morale area, and getting something I can reuse to deal with this door sealing issue is probably the best way forward.

Quote:
[1110] 22-08-12 20:22:05 CEST
Scrounging Default +2 (x4 duration)
3d6 <= 12
5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... success
OK, now let's bust through that door:
Quote:
[1111] 22-08-12 20:23:01 CEST
Forced Entry
3d6 <= 15
6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure
Wubbly.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.