Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 07:54 PM   #81
sjolly75

Default Re: The 2021 W23 Digital Speculation Thread

While we wait for the 2022 thread to get started...

Just saw that Refplace mentioned that he's working on a shamanic powers based magic book for GURPS.

http://refplace.blogspot.com/2022/03...ightreign.html
Old 03-05-2022, 12:19 AM   #82
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjolly75 View Post
While we wait for the 2022 thread to get started...

Just saw that Refplace mentioned that he's working on a shamanic powers based magic book for GURPS.

http://refplace.blogspot.com/2022/03...ightreign.html
To be clear that is a pet project I pitched more than a decade ago, before my first Pyramid article. Its why I started writing for Pyramid, to get the experience so I could eventually write it. Then the pitch was wisely rejected as too large for a first project and I pulled out 1 or 2 chapters to make GURPS Powers: Totem and Nature Spirits, and another chapter for the already announced Template Toolkit: Spirits.. So the project I want to do has not been approved, might never get approved, and if it does is still likely a couple of years out. Waiting to pitch my next idea till after the playtest and sent in the final draft.
Breaking the original proposal into several supplements was a good idea that has let me add more detail to each s3ection of an overall dream.

Like most authors I have plenty of ideas though!
I have been messing with personal issues since October but hopefully my stress levels will go down at the end of this month. Sorry for not picking up the W23 2022 Spec thread.

PS: Thanks for reading my blog :) My review of GURPS Nightrein was pretty much full of praise and I hope to get back to more reviews soon.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 03-05-2022 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:49 PM   #83
sjolly75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
To be clear that is a pet project I pitched more than a decade ago, before my first Pyramid article. Its why I started writing for Pyramid, to get the experience so I could eventually write it. Then the pitch was wisely rejected as too large for a first project and I pulled out 1 or 2 chapters to make GURPS Powers: Totem and Nature Spirits, and another chapter for the already announced Template Toolkit: Spirits.. So the project I want to do has not been approved, might never get approved, and if it does is still likely a couple of years out. Waiting to pitch my next idea till after the playtest and sent in the final draft.
Breaking the original proposal into several supplements was a good idea that has let me add more detail to each s3ection of an overall dream.

Like most authors I have plenty of ideas though!
I have been messing with personal issues since October but hopefully my stress levels will go down at the end of this month. Sorry for not picking up the W23 2022 Spec thread.

PS: Thanks for reading my blog :) My review of GURPS Nightrein was pretty much full of praise and I hope to get back to more reviews soon.
Ah, thanks for the clarification! Here I was, getting excited about it! :)
Old 03-22-2022, 09:13 PM   #84
Michael Thayne

Any guesses about Kromm's top secret project(s)? My one guess is that maybe while the teaser images we got for Dungeon Fantasy Companion 3 seemed to just show republished Pyramid articles, maybe that was just to show off art/layout, and he's writing a full book of all-new content?
Old 03-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #85
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Any guesses about Kromm's top secret project(s)?
I’m betting it’s the set of rulebooks and background for a Powered by GURPS Ring of Fire boxed-set RPG.

Or a bunch of articles to fill out the next Pyramid Scheme Kickstarter.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:01 PM   #86
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
I’m betting it’s the set of rulebooks and background for a Powered by GURPS Ring of Fire boxed-set RPG.

Or a bunch of articles to fill out the next Pyramid Scheme Kickstarter.
The Pyramid Scheme guess makes total sense, where is the Ring of Fire guess coming from? (Unless this is an in-joke I'm not getting.)
Old 03-23-2022, 06:59 PM   #87
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Where is the Ring of Fire guess coming from? (Unless this is an in-joke I'm not getting.)
Ring of Fire (Powered by GURPS) was announced at FnordCon 3 as probably
 for Kickstarter but also a year away. It also showed up in Phil Reed's Stakeholders' Report: "On the non-Munchkin front for 2023, there's GURPS Ring of Fire and maybe a few other GURPS books."

The title refers to a popular alternate-history series by Eric Flint (and others), starting with the novel 1632, in which a modern West Virginia mining town suddenly swaps places with an equivalent chunk of Thuringia in the eponymous year. Gustavus Adolphus shows up to visit the strange new town, among other hijinks.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #88
Refplace

Dungeon Fantasy Companion 3 is out.
http://www.sjgames.com/dungeonfantasy/companion3/
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 03-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #89
Refplace

Exciting news!!!!
Kromm just posted this...
Those concerned about slow movement on our playtests take note: Steven and I talked this through and made a plan. Low-crunch items by longtime authors will be peer-reviewed by other authors, most likely starting in April. The rest will get standard playtesting in parallel, probably just after that. Thanks for your patience!
Read it on his blog.

This explains the mystery behind a recent Fantasy Races supplement news in the last news update.
A lot of supplements will not qualify, either because the author is still too new or the material is too crunchy. However anything that speeds up production is very welcome to my mind and authors may pitch more low crunch items to get them fast tracked.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 04-29-2022, 02:42 PM   #90
Proteus

And Kromm just let slip the title for Paul Stefko's long-delayed work. It's been in revision from first draft since the middle of last year, but presumably this means that Loadouts: Starship Crew might be getting closer....
Closed Thread