Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 03-18-2023, 03:35 PM   #1
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Broken Links at www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/

So: http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/

I tested the Monster Hunter 1 links, and the sample pages and purchase links are busted. I presume ALL the links are busted, if they go to warehouse23...
Old 03-20-2023, 02:15 PM   #2
Aleph
Administrator

Default Re: Broken Links at www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/

We've added some redirects so that the stock number-based URLs should go to the correct products on the new store.

Not sure that the new store format is predictable enough to match up the preview links, but they do have links to previews on their pages in the store.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:23 PM   #3
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Not sure that the new store format is predictable enough to match up the preview links, but they do have links to previews on their pages in the store.
Yay on the part I snipped! But, just FYI: Second part's very unhelpful when I'm trying to go from the Very Useful list of GURPS books to the store, though, since the store's search is... currently unpleasant. (Or I don't remember a book's name, so I'm looking up "whatever power-up that book is, oh, there it is"...)

I hope someone can eventually do the conversions. (Or just use a global search-and-replace to link to Old WH23, and have Old WH23 pages link to New WH23 via "search on this name/stock number" magic? Suppose that depends on how you're generating the links...)
Old 03-29-2023, 03:45 PM   #4
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
Yay on the part I snipped! But, just FYI: Second part's very unhelpful when I'm trying to go from the Very Useful list of GURPS books to the store, though, since the store's search is... currently unpleasant. (Or I don't remember a book's name, so I'm looking up "whatever power-up that book is, oh, there it is"...)
So far I have been able to find things pretty well with the search function. Titles and articles seem solid and I can still search by author or good phrases.
However I am familiar with the product line and a new customer will likely rely on the categories.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 03:49 PM   #5
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Okay, it's not so painful as it was, on the computer. (Very painful on the phone, but typing on my screyboard (screen keyboard) is just painful in general.) Thanks.