Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #1061
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

126 hours after the ship drops out of hyperspace, first shift starts again, and the hyperdrive bay goes on lockdown. Doors are welded shut, and guards placed at the remaining entrances. This will slow down repairs, but they think it will stop sabotage.

As its first shift, Hua is on duty, and Daymar and Pacifica are supposed to be asleep.

I don't think anyone has anything to do on this shift until its end. Second shift starts at 134 hours. Pacifica and daymar are then on duty, and Hua is off.

Pacifica, give me a skill roll for rumor collecting in the morning

Pacifica, roll saviore-faire (military) to get assigned a guard duty that does not interfere with the meetings. If you fail, roll a die to see if you aren't assigned (odd) or if you are assigned something cumbersome (even)

Daymar is called to meet with an officer... one Vinobi (the compromised officer running the crew right before pacifica)

Hua, what will you be doing with your off-time?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 10:59 AM   #1062
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pacifica, give me a skill roll for rumor collecting in the morning (...)
Fast-talk (13)
3d6 <= 13
1 + 2 + 5 = 8 ... success.

And/or Observation (14)
3d6 <= 14
3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... success

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pacifica, roll saviore-faire (military) to get assigned a guard duty that does not interfere with the meetings(...)
Savoir-Faire, Military (14)
3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 5 = 7 ... success.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 11-23-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 04:46 PM   #1063
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar is called to meet with an officer... one Vinobi (the compromised officer running the crew right before pacifica)
'Nijothu' calls to Kivu, "I've been called in to see an officer called Vinobi, do you know him? Not sure what it's about, but you better come, too."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #1064
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
... success.
Pacifica is able to get a shift later into her off-time, so it doesn't interfere with the meeting time.



She hears a rumor that the weapons in the armory were compromised and that security is trying to figure out how many still work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
'Nijothu' calls to Kivu, "I've been called in to see an officer called Vinobi, do you know him? Not sure what it's about, but you better come, too."

Kivu comes along. the guard at the door of the officer's quarters stops him at the entrance. Vinobi welcomes Daymar into his office.



"I believe we have a matter of mutual interest. Are you currently targeting security or the officers?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 02:45 PM   #1065
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua, what will you be doing with your off-time?
I'll take a nap in anticipation of doing something at night.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 03:49 PM   #1066
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Kivu comes along. the guard at the door of the officer's quarters stops him at the entrance. Vinobi welcomes Daymar into his office.

"I believe we have a matter of mutual interest. Are you currently targeting security or the officers?"
"Sir? Targeting them for what? I'm not sure what you're asking me, sir."

[703] 21-11-24 22:46:10 CET

Acting

3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 3 = 5 ... success

Daymar's not sure what's going on here, so he's acting dumb (quite successfully, too, from the looks of that roll). He's quite certain that when he converted Vinobi he did that as Daymar, not as Nijothu, so why did he know to call him in?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 05:37 PM   #1067
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll take a nap in anticipation of doing something at night.
OOC: Then I guess it's time to pay a visit to Hua.

Just kidding.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:01 AM   #1068
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
He's quite certain that when he converted Vinobi he did that as Daymar, not as Nijothu, so why did he know to call him in?

Ahh, I'd forgotten about that. My bad. The call to Vinobi did not happen.



Zybo pulls Pacifica aside latter in the day, to tell her that a large number of the weapons in the armory have been disabled, and to ask for advice on if the ship should be told or not... the dread-stormers presumably already know about it.



first shift starts at 142 hours: Pacfica and Daymar are in off-hours, Hua is supposed to be asleep. Pacifica is on duty guarding the hyperdrive during the last half of the shift. You have about 50 hours until the promised jail break. There is no meeting this shift, but this is your traditional active hour. What will each dreadstormer do?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 02:22 PM   #1069
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
first shift starts at 142 hours: Pacfica and Daymar are in off-hours, Hua is supposed to be asleep. Pacifica is on duty guarding the hyperdrive during the last half of the shift. You have about 50 hours until the promised jail break. There is no meeting this shift, but this is your traditional active hour. What will each dreadstormer do?
I'll go to meet with Daymar after checking if there are any messages.
Quote:
[704] 21-11-29 21:21:52 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success [what a waste]
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:18 AM   #1070
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar will meet up with Hua. "Are we trying to convert more security?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.