Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-16-2020, 09:30 AM   #1
Moebius

Default GURPS Lite 4th edition has been updated

I received an notice that this file had been updated. Looks like it was the addition of product ads. Is that all that changed? No rules updated or anything like that, correct?

Quote:
We'd like to let you know that a Warehouse 23 file you ordered, "GURPS Lite (Fourth Edition)", has been updated!

You can download the file here, or you can log in to your account area at http://www.warehouse23.com/account and download the new file from there.

To find out what's been updated, please check our forum thread on file updates by clicking here!
Moebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: GURPS Lite 4th edition has been updated

This post gives more information about what has changed. The thread gets a new post whenever a Warehouse 23 PDF gets an update.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
tbone

Default Re: GURPS Lite 4th edition has been updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
I received an notice that this file had been updated. Looks like it was the addition of product ads. Is that all that changed? No rules updated or anything like that, correct?
I was surprised yesterday by the email notice – the first update of LITE in 16 years, if I'm not mistaken! My initial thought was "Ooh, maybe it makes some of the changes I ponder in Books we want: An updated GURPS LITE" – but alas, it appears I'll have to leave my mark on the world elsewhere. : )

(In that article, I also mention two very minor errata; just now, I did the proper thing and submitted them at http://www.sjgames.com/errata/errata.html.)

So, what is new in LITE 2020? Well, skimming a bit, I found one change under the p. 23 "Swimming" section: from "Once you are reduced to 1/3 or less your FP" to "Once you are reduced to less than 1/3 your FP".

I expect the remaining changes are little things like that. They may not be much, but even minor fixes are nice signs that a product's getting love and attention.

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote