Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
thalcos

Default GURPS Spaceships / Trek help

I'm almost done with the next GURPS adventure for my adventures blog (1shotadventures.com), which is a TOS-era Star Trek adventure. The finale of the adventure has a good chance for a starship battle between a Federation cruiser and three older and smaller Romulan ships.

I've never really used GURPS Spaceships before, and I'm having difficulty porting two Trek ships over to the system. (I usually use a nice simple GURPSified version of the old FASA ship combat rules, but wanted to have official GURPS stats in there if I can).

Does anyone love Spaceships enough / is bored enough to help me convert these two ships?

The two ships are a TOS-era Miranda-class cruiser and a smaller Romulan Starglider cruiser.

The Miranda-class' Trek specs are:
Length - 226m, Width 145m, Height 51m, Weight 149k mt
306 crew, 40 passengers, 4 shuttlecraft
Enough cargo room for 300mt
4 phasers in 2 banks, 2 photon torpedo launchers
Capable of cruising at warp 6, or warp 8 in emergencies
And then the usual Trek stuff like transporters, escape pods, emergency bridge, short and long-range scanners, etc.

The Starglider is an older ship, built ~60 years before the first Miranda-class, and ~20 years before the more recognizable Birds of Prey.
Length 60m, Width 162m, Height 40m, Weight 52k mt
135 crew, 16 passengers
Enough cargo room for 6k mt, no shuttles
6 disruptors, no missile weapons (no cloaking device either)
Capable of cruising at warp 7, or warp 8 in emergencies

The Miranda *should* be able to take on three Stargliders in a fair fight. In Trek terms, this would be because not only is it bigger and sturdier, but its phasers are more powerful than the older disruptors, and it has far more power to divert to its shields.

Appreciate any help!
thalcos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spaceships, trek