Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-08-2011, 05:49 AM   #581
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty
Don't mind me. I'm still happily vacationing, but I got bored and decided to pop by to see what you crazy kids are up to . . .

Ha! Nice game. I would've given y'all better vignettes if I knew you'd do that. I realize that Scott seems to be the "not enough info" one right now, but ironically, I promise y'all that Brad's the one no one's going to get right. Not saying why, mind you. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Thanks. It's proving to be entertaining. When you get back from vacation, perhaps you can post another vignette. Preferrably something providing some details on Scott. More about Brad would also be appreciated. Of course, the Chango and fetish references regarding Danielle are also intriguing.
Just so that Everett won't feel left out I'll add him too. :)

Does the MH series go into where/how the Experiments got their abilities or is that left left up to the GM and player or some mix of those two options? I have my eye on this company in Germany, Darmatech, that Kromm is using in his current campaign. Seems like that could be one of their other little secret projects.

Last edited by Dragondog; 03-08-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:37 AM   #582
Humabout

Quote:
Of course, the Chango and fetish references regarding Danielle are also intriguing.
That suggests Crusader, since RPK mentioned Crusaders have a voodoo-ish flavor. Of course, Brad might be the voodoo hougun creating fetishes and binding spirits while Danielle is just a voodoo-flavored witch.

The sage using "slow magic" seems to indicate Path/Book magic. Now, Brad using a fetish just means that he had one in his possession and doesn't indicate his template at all. What actual abilities do we see him using?

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #583
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humabout View Post
That suggests Crusader, since RPK mentioned Crusaders have a voodoo-ish flavor. Of course, Brad might be the voodoo hougun creating fetishes and binding spirits while Danielle is just a voodoo-flavored witch.

The sage using "slow magic" seems to indicate Path/Book magic. Now, Brad using a fetish just means that he had one in his possession and doesn't indicate his template at all. What actual abilities do we see him using?
Yes it does suggest that she's a Crusader.

Brad casts some sort of cloaking spell from within a spirit circle by binding the forces to his will and sharing his gift with the rest of the team.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #584
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty
I promise you that if you ever see a Rocky Horror or Star Wars reference in something I write, it's purely accidental. Not a fan of either, despite them being apparently a requirement for true geekdom.
8| ... I always knew there was something off about you :/ :)

Star Wars... OK... not everyone's cup of tea... but Rocky Horror?? GAD!
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #585
Grouchy Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
I promise y'all that Brad's the one no one's going to get right. Not saying why, mind you. :)
It turns out...that Brad was the monster all along!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #586
aesir23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Star Wars... OK... not everyone's cup of tea... but Rocky Horror?? GAD!
Ha! I had the opposite reaction. Ah, well. To every geek his own.
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 AM   #587
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy Chris View Post
It turns out...that Brad was the monster all along!!!!
You're probably joking about this, but if he were, what would he be?

Vampire, demon, werecreature?
griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #588
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondog View Post
Yes it does suggest that she's a Crusader.

Brad casts some sort of cloaking spell from within a spirit circle by binding the forces to his will and sharing his gift with the rest of the team.
Are there any options other than Witch or Sage that fit that?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #589
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
Yeah. Y'all know I do sleep sometimes, right? :)
1. The commando can do anything with guns. He can put jacketed-wood bullets through multiple vampire hearts while crashing through a warehouse window and rolling to safety. (Gunslinger and crazy-high levels of Gun! and Tactics.)

2. The crusader's power comes from his faith. His ties to a higher power (be it God, the loa, or a powerful spirit collective) make him a fearsome foe of any evil supernatural being. (Mysticism power -- think if DF's Holy Might and GURPS Voodoo had a child.)

3. The experiment is a product of bioengineering. His genetics were overhauled or built-from the ground up, making him the ultimate living weapon. (Bioenhancement power -- a mix of mental, physical, and sensory "power-ups" to the human body.)

4. The inhuman has the identity of a monster without actually being one. He is one of the creatures that stalks the night . . . but fortunately, he's on our side. (A choice of several different racial templates -- all powerful and capable in different ways.)

5. The psi is a master of mentalism. His brain is capable of "mind over matter" to an astounding degree, with abilities both powerful and versatile. (A selection of four different, but related, powers -- all with a unique focus.)

6. The sage is the guardian of knowledge. His awareness of the enemy is unmatched, and his mental pursuits grant him power over the forces of magic (High levels of Lore! skill and some -- relatively slow -- spellcasting ability.)

7. The sleuth can gather intel like no others. He is a master of gathering and analyzing information; this includes everything from slipping into places unseen to chatting up the locals for info. (Intuition, both Detective! and Talker!, crazy Stealth, and more!)

8. The techie truly understands the power of science. He can adapt, invent, and analyze any technology, figuring out how to adapt it to fight supernatural foes. (Quick Gadgeteer, Gizmos, and high levels of Inventor!)

9. The warrior has battle prowess like no other. He's tough, strong, and fast enough to go head-to-head with most monsters, using muscle-powered weapons to devastating effect. (Great stats, Weapon Master, high levels of Blade!, and a handful of cinematic skills.)

10. The witch focuses exclusively on magic. He is a dedicated spellcaster who can produce almost any effect you can think of, and in a relatively short time. (Magery, [FNORD], high Thaumatology, high [FNORD] skills.)
Quote:
Are there any options other than Witch or Sage that fit that?
The Crusader, Psi, Sage, and Witch all have explicit supernatural powers. The Inhuman and the Techie might have access to supernatural powers depending on how they work.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:38 AM   #590
griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
I helped Rev. test out some of the material, and after said testing I wrote some adaption material for Cliffhangers (since I like me some pulp) ... So Cliffhangers/Pulp is really easy to do with what Rev. came up with.

Ghostdancer
Any chance once MH is published, you'd write a Pyramid article with the adaptation for Cliffhangers?

Tags
monster hunters