Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #11
vitruvian

Default Re: Friday Fun: Design the Portal Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
It seems to me that an enhancement ought not be necessary. The benefits and drawbacks look like they cancel out.
So, just a variation on Tunnel, then?

We need variant Gate spells that are two-way and see-through, as well, methinks.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
munin

Quote:
It seems to me that an enhancement ought not be necessary. The benefits and drawbacks look like they cancel out.
Aren't the benefits and drawbacks of an additional direction of movement exactly the same as the first level of the Tunnel enhancement? Both friends and enemies can use it? I think +40% to add two-way is reasonable since players are more likely to use it when the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
munin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #13
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by munin
Aren't the benefits and drawbacks of an additional direction of movement exactly the same as the first level of the Tunnel enhancement? Both friends and enemies can use it? I think +40% to add two-way is reasonable since players are more likely to use it when the benefits outweigh the drawbacks.
I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or are suggesting an additional +40% on top of the Tunnel enhancement to make the door two-way.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #14
Jamaraq

How about the "Fast in - Fast out" principle of the portals?
Is this included in the Tunnel mod of Warp?
Jamaraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #15
munin

Quote:
I am not sure if you are agreeing with me or are suggesting an additional +40% on top of the Tunnel enhancement to make the door two-way.
Sorry, I'm saying that if a one-way tunnel is +40%, a two-way tunnel should be +80% (because a player will find ways to take advantage of the additional benefit and reduce the impact of its drawbacks), plus an additional +60% if you want it to form before you warp.
munin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #16
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by munin
Sorry, I'm saying that if a one-way tunnel is +40%, a two-way tunnel should be +80% (because a player will find ways to take advantage of the additional benefit and reduce the impact of its drawbacks), plus an additional +60% if you want it to form before you warp.
Dunno, it doesn't seem to be much better (for the owner) either way. Actually... I had thought, when I read the Tunnel enhancement, that the default was intended to be two-way.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
portal, portal gun, power build