Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #2031
Pomphis

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

The desire to praise Him and spread His words is alive and well everywhere. Okay, there may be some bastions of evil resisting His beneficience, but they will crumble when He tells them.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #2032
Hannes665

Who is this Dr. Kromm?

Darth Vader "Luke! I am your fathers second cousins sisters best friends brother!"

Luke Skywalker "Nooo... eehh What?!"
Hannes665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #2033
Anders

The Holy Mother Thread is failing! We are in serious danger of falling from the 1st page! I declare a month of penance and thread-writing to make up for the insult offered to the Line Editor!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #2034
Pomphis

The Holy Mother Thread can never fail, as it is dedicated to Him. Us poor and modest and sinful believers may occasionally not pray and glorify Him sufficiently, in fact, one could argue that it is impossible for mere mortals to do so in ways that are appropriate for Him, the Sun of the Omniverse and Master of Rains, but that philosophical (or would that be theological ?) question should probably discussed seperately, anyway, while we should of course always do more and better, it is to be expected that most of us sometimes roll a 17 or 18 when it comes to our worship, and No Nuisance Roll has, as far as my small and limited mind knows, only become available recently, so I assume that many of us do not yet have it to make their prayers, praises and glorifications safe against such dire events, even though one should consider that the older rules are after all His rules and therefore must by definition be perfect, so He seems not to mind the occasional small lapse, or maybe it is even part of His plans, maybe to remind us that only He is perfect and without fail, and we will now have to consider how to do penance, which, BTW, would also be an interesting addition for DF to provide examples of what holy warriors or clerics might have to do when they failed in major or minor ways to uphold their faith, and the strictures of the semi-divine (for only He is truly Divine) beings they worship, and I will now start to contemplate ways on proper penance - maybe fasting, but isn´t good wine and food holy to Him, and would not partaking in them therefore imply ingratitude for His gifts to us, so that proper worship should, if anything, mean that we should show our gratitude by partaking in more and better food and wine ? Let´s hope that He will give a sign, or, if he prefers, signs, about what He desires us to do, so that we can ever more follow His designs for us and this uni-/multi-/omniverse, for doing so is good and appropriate and generally a good idea, as proven by the fact that playing GURPS is all this.
Pomphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #2035
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Heh, I could keep this thread permanently bumped if I posted a link to every GURPS-related blog post I made. :D
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #2036
whswhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomphis View Post
Let´s hope that He will give a sign, or, if he prefers, signs, about what He desires us to do, so that we can ever more follow His designs for us and this uni-/multi-/omniverse, for doing so is good and appropriate and generally a good idea, as proven by the fact that playing GURPS is all this.
Kromm gives me signs all the time.

Bill Stoddard
whswhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #2037
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Heh, I could keep this thread permanently bumped if I posted a link to every GURPS-related blog post I made. :D
Praise the Holy Blog, in which He reveals His future boons to His humble followers!
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #2038
Qoltar
Pike's Pique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
It seems that praise for the Great Kromm (as his followers deem him) must now compete with webcomics, pirate fleets, and the odd Star Trek discussion for attention on these boards. So be it! I'm sure his obsessive cult ... forgive me, the dedicated Krommunity ... is more than up to the challenge.
Star Trek discussion threads are not your enemy.

Star Trek can be emulated with GURPS.

...and who is the line editor of GURPS?

- Ed
You can't take the sky from me....

A vote for charity: http://s3.silent-tower.org/TheKlingonVotes/index.html
Qoltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #2039
Anaraxes

You can emulate Trek. But GURPS is of course Universal. So no one is your enemy. All men are brothers in GURPS, under Kromm, with advantages and sourcebooks for all.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #2040
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

New entry posted in the GURPS thread of my LJ.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kromm