Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-01-2017, 08:25 AM   #21
Bruno

Default Re: GURPS Cards

Since I mostly game with a computer (either online, or just having my tablet PC hanging around) I've moved to basically "Combat Cards +5" (imo) - writing macros for Maptools (in my case). You could certainly do it in Excel (not as pretty, but functional!)*, and I'm sure most of the other tabletop-game programs have some sort of macro system.

Basically my "combat cards" are by weapon, listing combat options I use with that weapon, the hit location table and penalties, the speed/range table (for ranged weapons), etc. Because it's a macro, I get to tick off the relevant things, select range and hit location, push button, and get relevant rolls made with notes declaring what I picked and any reminders about follow up effects, if it's now Unready, the defenders parry penalty for flails and deceptive attack, current ammunition count, or whatever.

This kind of setup on paper would probably require a full index card instead of a playing card, but it's been worth its weight in gold. I would definitely go this route if gaming without my computer... not the least because I have a box of index cards :P

* You know things are a little brutal when something isn't as pretty as Maptool.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #22
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: GURPS Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
* You know things are a little brutal when something isn't as pretty as Maptool.
I use Open Office Calc... brutal is an apt description for it.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote