Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
adamsrobw

Default monster turn question

1.) after a players turn is over, do all the monsters on the board move at once? Or does this mean just the color rolled?

"The player who just finished his turn rolls the Monster Die. The color rolled is the Monster Movement Color for the turn."

2.) My wife and I had a room with 3 unexplored rooms on the north, east and south directions. There was a red monsters in the room. the monster had no special movement. there was a red arrow on the south side of the room. I interpreted this as the red monster had to go south, to an unknown room, so it appeared on the other side of the dungeon, which happened to be the north side of the room. which meant the monster was never going to move anywhere. unless that southern unexplored room ever became explored.

does that make any sense. or did I lose you. did I interpret the rules correctly?

thanks, Rob

Last edited by adamsrobw; 03-16-2010 at 08:18 PM.
adamsrobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
mib2932

Default Re: monster turn question

1) All monsters move, following the color rolled (except for monsters with alternate movement rules).

2) That monster does not move that turn. Next monster movement turn, a different color may be rolled.
mib2932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
bonetm

When monsters move you only consider the color of the roll and the color of the arrows, not the color of the base.

If your monster is red, and you roll green, check if there is any green arrow in the room, if so the monster goes in that direction. If the next room also have a green arrow, move in that direction, and keep doing it until he goes to a room with no green arrows.

There are, of course, a lot of exceptions to this, and specific cases. Remember the monster stops if he enter the room with the Red Players, he cannot go to the same room twice, etc. All this is showed in details in the rulesheet, with plenty of examples.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
adamsrobw

Thank you.

I've read that manual 10 times and I guess its not spelled out enough for me!

-Rob
adamsrobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
bonetm

Yes, this part is a little confusing, but if you read carefully you will see that it's all there in the examples.
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote