Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 07:10 PM   #181
tg_ambro
 
tg_ambro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkham Asylum
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Would it be possible to get a rough estimate, or at least some cryptic hints as to how many pages each book will be? I'd settle for some "Larger than Gibbering Mass, but smaller than a Chthonic Horror" kinda stuff.
__________________
Jazama Pajama Pajama Shimera Kazam Imera Imera Kazam Pajama Shimera Kazam Pajama Pajama!

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #182
Daigoro
 
Daigoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Meifumado
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
Soon, soon. Actually, I was kind of hoping that this contest would run a few weeks longer than it did, to help idle away the time. Damn those smart pants of his. :)
Just run another competition.

e.g. What is the proposed title for MH5?
My guess: MH Monster Powers
__________________
Collaborative Settings:
Cyberpunk: Duopoly Nation
Space Opera: Behind the King's Eclipse
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #183
lexington
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Just run another competition.

e.g. What is the proposed title for MH5?
My guess: MH Monster Powers
MH: It's True! It's All True!
lexington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #184
PK
 
PK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dobbstown Sane Asylum
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg_ambro View Post
Would it be possible to get a rough estimate, or at least some cryptic hints as to how many pages each book will be? I'd settle for some "Larger than Gibbering Mass, but smaller than a Chthonic Horror" kinda stuff.
MH1: Larger than a breadbox.
MH2: About a breadbox.
MH3: About a breadbox.
MH4: Smaller than a breadbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
e.g. What is the proposed title for MH5?
MH5: PK Hasn't Decided Which Part Of The Series Will Need More Attention At This Point And Is Waiting To See How The First Four Books Are Received Before Deciding . . . or MH5: PHDWPOTSWNMAATPAIWTSHTFFBARBD for short.
__________________
Reverend Pee Kitty of the Order Malkavian-Dobbsian (Twitter) (LJ)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #185
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
MH1: Larger than a breadbox.
MH2: About a breadbox.
MH3: About a breadbox.
These seem really unlikely unless you choose to print them with 200 point type or something. A typical breadbox is 2 ft^3 or so.
Quote:
MH5: PK Hasn't Decided Which Part Of The Series Will Need More Attention At This Point And Is Waiting To See How The First Four Books Are Received Before Deciding . . . or MH5: PHDWPOTSWNMAATPAIWTSHTFFBARBD for short.
We could try to guess the point totals for Champions (300) and Sidekicks (150). Or we could try to guess how many templates are in Champions (6) or what they are called (Stalker, Investigator, Hunter, Turncoat, Mage, Hacker) or something.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #186
PK
 
PK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dobbstown Sane Asylum
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
These seem really unlikely unless you choose to print them with 200 point type or something. A typical breadbox is 2 ft^3 or so.
I use nonstandard bread, so . . .

Quote:
We could try to guess the point totals for Champions (300) and Sidekicks (150). Or we could try to guess how many templates are in Champions (6) or what they are called (Stalker, Investigator, Hunter, Turncoat, Mage, Hacker) or something.
No fair pre-guessing on your own suggestions! :)

Tell you what -- I'll decide on a good time-waster this weekend. Bump this thread if I haven't come up with something by Monday.
__________________
Reverend Pee Kitty of the Order Malkavian-Dobbsian (Twitter) (LJ)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #187
Christopher R. Rice
 
Christopher R. Rice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Portsmouth, VA, USA
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
I use nonstandard bread, so . . .
We talking about pumpernickel here? Amish Friendship Bread? What? Give the bread-enthusiasts on the boards a hint! ;)

Ghostdancer
__________________
My Twitter
My w23 Stuff
My Blog

Latest GURPS Book: Realm Management
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #188
OldSam
 
OldSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Göttingen, Germany
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
____[Quote: I've already got Monster Hunters: Load Outs.]____

Great book! In many ways, it inspired this whole series.
Does that mean the existing Load Outs will still be a useful tool in combination with the new upcoming MH-Volumes? Would be nice... :)

And: Do you also cover Techlevels 6-8 and their differences in the MH-Series like it is done in the Load Outs or are there other assumptions about TL or...?

Last edited by OldSam; 02-18-2011 at 02:53 PM.
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #189
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
We talking about pumpernickel here? Amish Friendship Bread? What?
Very, very thin loaves apparently (unless MH1-3 are longer than even the basic set). If we compare a typical breadbox with a standard loaf, and assume that MH2 and 3 are no more than 32 page pdfs; I think we'd end up with a loaf a few microns thick.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #190
Not another shrubbery
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
We talking about pumpernickel here? Amish Friendship Bread? What? Give the bread-enthusiasts on the boards a hint!
Leavine bread? *ducks*

"Back to work, you loafer!"
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
monster hunters

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.