Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2021, 09:27 AM   #521
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

the lasing is loud like a coach at a soccer game, but not like a gunpowder weapon.
Ok, if I closed the door would it be sufficiently muffled and possible to repick the lock to exit? If not (to either), how much of a delay would it be to go somewhere isolated.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:44 AM   #522
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Ok, if I closed the door would it be sufficiently muffled and possible to repick the lock to exit? If not (to either), how much of a delay would it be to go somewhere isolated.

It is not possible to repick the lock from the inside. The noise would be pretty muffled: the thick walls and seals do a good job of that. Someone in the compartment could hear it, but not in the bathroom or in the quarters next to it.



Going somewhere isolated? There's a good spot on this floor 40 yards and two hatches away. So I'd say two minutes to go out and test fire the weapon, and then return.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:45 AM   #523
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Could I get an acting roll from both Pacficia and Daymar, and a DX roll from Daymar?
Paicifa's acting (Nejora):
3d6 <= 15
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) The lasing is loud like a coach at a soccer game, but not like a gunpowder weapon.
Hahahah.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #524
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Either is OK. However, I guess it is more simple if the panel stops working so you cannot pick a floor. Also, that's harder to check; it could be "exipired" buttons, a cable, maybe somebody pressed the panel too hard with their butt. In the end you can call the elevator but it won't go where you need it.

And when did you want to do this?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:05 PM   #525
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
And when did you want to do this?
It should happen at night, while her shift is sleeping.

I want Pacifica to make the resupply harder, and I want more people using the officer’s elevators.

Pacifica won't be doing this all at once. She'll probably mess with an elevator one night, then with another one the next night and finally another one after the meeting (up to 3 or 4 elevators).

This way the DreadStormers will have daytime to check if/how they repair the elevators and if there's been changes to security because of this. And Pacifica will have a couple of days to pick information from "the lunchtime Hub" and the terminal (cargo-operation).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:43 PM   #526
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Going somewhere isolated? There's a good spot on this floor 40 yards and two hatches away. So I'd say two minutes to go out and test fire the weapon, and then return.
OK, slipping away and leaving the door ajar for a test firing.

Quote:
[333] 21-03-10 00:29:39 CET
Armoury
3d6 <= 13 : 5 + 3 + 4 = 12 ... success
[334] 21-03-10 00:29:48 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 6 + 1 + 2 = 9 ... success
And a Beam Weapons roll to not shoot at something important:
Quote:
[335] 21-03-10 00:30:19 CET
Beam Weapons
3d6 <= 15 : 2 + 2 + 4 = 8 ... success
And slipping back
Quote:
[336] 21-03-10 00:32:50 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 3 + 2 + 5 = 10 ... success
So I guess I can go on to disable the whole lot now?
Quote:
[337] 21-03-10 00:34:33 CET
Confuse
3d6 <= 15 : 3 + 1 + 6 = 10 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:22 AM   #527
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
It should happen at night, while her shift is sleeping.

I want Pacifica to make the resupply harder, and I want more people using the officer’s elevators.

Pacifica won't be doing this all at once. She'll probably mess with an elevator one night, then with another one the next night and finally another one after the meeting (up to 3 or 4 elevators).

This way the DreadStormers will have daytime to check if/how they repair the elevators and if there's been changes to security because of this. And Pacifica will have a couple of days to pick information from "the lunchtime Hub" and the terminal (cargo-operation).

Is this going to happen the same day that Hua is disabling the weapons?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:40 AM   #528
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So I guess I can go on to disable the whole lot now?

Yes. were you doing the side with the men's bathroom first or the women's? and were you doing the most exposed or least expose weapons locker door first?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:00 AM   #529
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes. were you doing the side with the men's bathroom first or the women's? and were you doing the most exposed or least expose weapons locker door first?
Least Exposed, women's side.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #530
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The door of the first armory is cracked open for:

  • 20 seconds to realize you need to disassemble the weapon
  • 30 seconds while you dissasemble the weapon
  • 2 minutes while you take it to a safe place and fire it.
  • 2 minutes 20 seconds to disable all of the weapons: you're checking your watch, and are astonished at how quickly this is going.
You are out in five minutes and ten seconds. No one disturbs you. You make it out, and when the room is empty, shut the door.



One down, four to go.



Which armory are you leaving for last?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.