Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2021, 08:04 AM   #1031
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
20:20 hindsight. I didn't figure that one missed Stealth roll while invisible would have such a dramatic outcome, nor that Hua would move away from him when he did so. If I had stayed invisible, I could perhaps have defused the situation.
Yeah, security is a bit more dangerous to act suspicious around, and they've on heightened alert right now.

Quote:
Dodge luck re-rolls
I think the margin of success should be sufficient to cause both shots to miss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I think that dazes the guard. Next turn, next guard
Quote:
If it's Day's turn to act now, he will release the control of the one guard and attempt to use Suggestion on the one who shot at him.
That's one guard dazed and one mind controlled... we're dropping slightly out of combat time, but the shot should have been heard by the neighboring compartments... which are full of security personnel, so act quickly. Also, you're right below the quartermaster, and they may have heard things. What are you doing now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica returns to her place and resumes her activities; she waits for cues to work with the plan.
The shots are not quite gunshots, and the ship as a whole is fairly noise dampening. She's on off duty... if she wants to be in the vicinity, she could be doing laundry or at the establishments. Otherwise she is probably at her quarters.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:48 AM   #1032
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Well it only takes a second to do the brainwashing, right? I'll get Daymar back under the photorefraction barrier and he can brainwash the two guards. Then get out before other guards arrive to help sweep.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:31 PM   #1033
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar will suggest to the guard he's controlling to also drop his rifle. He will then approach him, make contact, release suggestion and perform mental surgery.

[685] 21-11-08 22:30:38 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica)

3d6 <= 15
5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success

He will do this as well with the dazed guard, assuming no interruptions (waiting to roll until I see how the first one goes).
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:32 AM   #1034
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I take it theses changes will instantly take effect?



That should take about three seconds for all of it.



The first guard is effected.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 02:34 PM   #1035
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I take it theses changes will instantly take effect?

That should take about three seconds for all of it.

The first guard is effected.
Yes, it doesn't seem like the best time to be patient about it.

Since the other guard is dazed, Daymar will then attempt to do the same to him. With Hua watching over him and the apparently converted first guard, he will focus all his attention on this (All-Out Concentrate).

[686] 21-11-09 22:31:10 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica), All-Out Mental (should be All-Out Concentrate)

3d6 <= 16
2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:37 AM   #1036
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Will you leave them like so without instructions, wipe their memories, or give them a cover story?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 08:44 AM   #1037
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Will you leave them like so without instructions, wipe their memories, or give them a cover story?
I'll tell them to say the one who fired tripped and accidentally discharged their gun. Hopefully that's a good enough cover.

So now to make Daymar disappear and sneak out of there.
Quote:
[688] 21-11-10 16:44:22 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 1 + 4 = 6 ... success
[687] 21-11-10 16:44:14 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #1038
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Will you leave them like so without instructions, wipe their memories, or give them a cover story?
Wiping their memories would require giving them a Delusion, and I don't think I can afford another Mental Surgery with the additional penalties. As TGLS suggested, we can give them a cover story and tell them to keep an eye out for a signal to act.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #1039
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

"Yes Sirs!" they tell you.



Doors are beginning to squeak open. Which direction will you be leaving? Or will you be hiding in the compartment?



(up is establishments, down is more crew quarters, fore is engineering floor, aft is blocked, port and starboard are hydrogen cell storage)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 02:44 PM   #1040
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(up is establishments, down is more crew quarters, fore is engineering floor, aft is blocked, port and starboard are hydrogen cell storage)
I think finding somewhere to hide in hydrogen block storage is probably the best move for now.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.