Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
Johnd

Default GURPS Conan question

Does the GURPS Conan "summoned demon table" provide characteristics to create demons? I can create neat aliens with the Space and/or Uplift rules, and was looking for other monster making sources...
Johnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
Dalillama

Default Re: GURPS Conan question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
Does the GURPS Conan "summoned demon table" provide characteristics to create demons? I can create neat aliens with the Space and/or Uplift rules, and was looking for other monster making sources...
I'm pretty sure that's the same table that shows up in G:Magic, if that's easier for you to come by.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
I'm pretty sure that's the same table that shows up in G:Magic, if that's easier for you to come by.
The table in Gurps:Conan (1989) is very similar to but not identical to the ne in Gurps Magic 1e (also 1989). There is an expanded version in Grimoire. All of course are 3e.

They are also quite simple and I can't imagine anyone who slogs his way through the rather extended rules in Space for 4e would find them satisfactory.

If I didn't have a print copy of G;Conon I would get the pdf but it would be a resource for the world of the Hyborian Age. Geography, languages all that sort of thing. All the spells in it were eventually brought ito mainstream Gurps (and Magic 4e) and the only magic item in it that I find really interesting uses the 3e Psionics rules.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
jacobmuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd View Post
It's a five column table; roll 3d on each column; ST {5-40}; DX {9-15}; IQ {7-15}; HT {10-15/ HP10-50}; Special Feature, eg flight, DR, spells, invulnerability, beauty, invisibility, extra rolls on table. The preceding paragraph advises "GMs should not be bound by believability or common sense." with regard to demon stats.
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conan