Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-22-2021, 03:38 AM   #11
Anders

Default Re: "Warhammer" in Dungeon Fantasy?

I think there's a conversion for regular GURPS online somewhere. GURPShammer. You could look that up.
Old 06-22-2021, 06:42 PM   #12
Black Leviathan

Toss out the templates, magic, most equipment, a lot of the template abilities, keep the combat.

Buy Thaumatology and use one of the alternate magical systems that are a bit more gritty.

Buy Low Tech for more-quirky low tech gear, boomsticks with some flare and shields that get destroyed after a fight or two. Make food and booze expensive, double or more the book price. Create a real class barrier between the kind of folks your players start out as and the later-career professionals like Lawyers Priests and Charlatans. Basically tie Status directly to wealth so that you can't have one without the other.

Start everyone at 100 pts with a real career and skills that make sense for them. If you have any doubt about their ability to work within those confines make a random table of menial professions and the skills they would require and enforce it. Or just lock them down to created templates for butchers and scribes and hunters. A big part of that Warhammer Fantasy experience is "I am a freaking baker's assistant, why am I fighting monstrous rats in a sewer!"

Build a bestiary with creatures that are more poisonous or who inflict affliction states more readily than normal fantasy faire.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:35 AM   #13
Emerikol

I realize you may own DFRPG and that may be a powerful influence for wanting to use it. Aside from maybe monsters though, if I were starting from scratch I'd just go with normal GURPS fantasy and build the warhammer world using all the options available in Magic, Thaumatology, etc...

For the gunpowder weapons and clothing I'd just use Low-Tech. So if you are going to stick with DFRPG then maybe add Low-Tech and play around with how magic works.
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:48 PM   #14
Pursuivant

There are several Warhammer to GURPS conversions on the web, both for 3e and 4e. Pick and choose between them. "GURPS Warhammer" as a search term yields gratifying results.

On conversion is here:

http://gurps.hardpoints.de/warhammer.html
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 11:07 AM   #15
Tinman

For the gunpowder weapons, I suggest checking out pyramid 3-36 Dungeon Fantasy, p.17 The Musketeer.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote