Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-15-2015, 12:28 PM   #491
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Kumar: "I know of nothing like you. Moving in your sleep alone makes you unqiue from what I've heard. Dreams and visions? I don't know if that's been confirmed by infinity. It probably has -- there's a lot of unoffical stuff out there, but I don't know the circumstances".

It sounds like the invaders. We know they're there. The Gytolap empire. They're the ones who brought the plauge we're trying to deal with. On this world India is leading the technology race for whatever reason. They already did a number on africa -- but the africans don't start dropping like flies when foreigners show up. These folks do. I wish I could tell you where the army is, but we don't know. You remember things got a little behind schedule back there."

The second day of talks ends with a few tests on people. All four members of the team undergo the process, proving that at the very least the process isn't dangerous. Peter and Elena spend most of the day sitting together in the back of the negotiations and occasionally fullfilling requests, including poking themselves with needles to infect themselves with samples of various diseases -- which Kumar and Luisa assure them is safe.

On the morning of the third day, Word arrives in the city of the army approaching -- a mere two days away. This will make it harder to get the community focused on the plauge.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:11 PM   #492
the_matrix_walker

"We have to tell them the attack has already begun! they need this vaccine to protect them from the 'evil magic' that will come before the armies!"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #493
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Luisa: "Its a decent angle. We'll try it."

The tactic is moderately successful -- enough that the doctors let people volenteer for the procedure, and Peter and Elena spend most of the day sticking powder from the sores of the poor fellows who got cow pox in the origonal tests into cuts of people who come to get the protection. It feels quite barbaric and old fashioned (people usually cut themselves while waiting in line in a local style), and certainly isn't as hygenic as they'd like, but Elena assures him this method is the best way to save to most people.

As they work, Elena mentions: "You know, Luisa things there's something fishy about you."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #494
the_matrix_walker

Peter tucks his head down near his armpit and pulls in a deep breath...

"I know I could use a bath... but is it that bad?" he says as he grins playfully.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #495
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

She rolls her eyes. "hah. that's not fish. Its body odor, and its not bad compared to every other person we interact with." She glances at a older man who looks particularly dirty.

"But seriously, Lusia thinks you're trouble. Like you're some sort of criminal or Kumar is part of a human trafficking ring or something."

Old 06-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #496
the_matrix_walker

Peter Laughs... "I think she's just freaked out by Goliath, but sshhh, I'm really an inter-dimensional man of mystery, on a secret mission to save the multiverse!"
Old 06-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #497
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Elena seems put off. "I was just trying to be helpful."

Old 06-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #498
the_matrix_walker

"Thank you! please don't be upset... I'm just playing!"

Peter gives her his best apologetic look, not unlike the one he gave his mother in the grape juice on the new white chair incident...

"I appreciate the heads up, really."
Old 06-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #499
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Elena: "You aren't involved in anything like that, are you?"

Old 06-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #500
the_matrix_walker

"Of course not... I'm just a guy who wants to help people. I just wish we could do more for these people."

Peter will ask Kumar about a cover story, as they seem to be drawing suspicion... perhaps they could claim they were conducting a school work-study of the efficacy of using k9's in field ops or something....

Tags
lost in dreams