Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2022, 12:44 PM   #1491
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I misspoke...There are eight doors total, two on each side... at least two sides worth have been shut. plus the hatches up and down.
Right so I'll go back to grab the guards, post them on every side (including up and down) but one, and tell them to enter half a minute later, so I can open up a door and surprise anyone inside.
Quote:
[1049] 22-07-08 19:43:21 CEST
IQ for timing
3d6 <= 14
3 + 1 + 2 = 6 ... success
Unless of course the doors are locked. Then I guess I'll have them back me up while I unlock the door.
Quote:
[1050] 22-07-08 19:44:00 CEST

Lockpicking

3d6 <= 14
6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:45 PM   #1492
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Does she do that before or after visiting deck 6? and how exactly will she get the noise to where ever on the ship she is?
The idea was having the noisemakers ahead in the corridors, with one person making watch outside, close to the door. The (hidden) noisemakers were intended to compliment the per roll of the guard. The noisemakers might not work, but the person doing watch is going to be there anyway.

(This happens before reaching deck 6).

Regardless of that part, the allies in the deck are already on alert.

Quote:
"The Door!" Someone shouts.
Pacifica scans the place using Vibration Sense (she checks for the number of people in there, weapons, and the bomb’s location… if any). She will share this information with the group and makes sure the people with her aren´t identified as traitors. Then, she tells her group that if Zybo is with enemies they will try to get closer acting as allies (explaining that Zybo could help them).

Regarding this situation, she handles things by the book (savoir-faire military) to address the situation in accordance with the procedures. So, if it is more appropriate for an officer (e.g., Vinobi) to talk, she lets the officer talk…

“Commander Zybo, are you here? Are you safe?”

If Zybo is with them, Pacifica will talk to him (wearing her Jacket, and putting her gun away). Then she will do some acting to compliment her fast-talking.

If Zybo is not there, she will keep her security crew jacket/gun and help the situation to develop (i.e., she will exchange more words with them, and so on).

OOC: Let’s see what happens next, to decide the further actions.

Vibration Sense (Observation)
3d6 <= 14
2 + 3 + 1 = 6 ... success

SF Military
3d6 <= 14
1 + 3 + 2 = 6 ... success

Acting
3d6 <= 15
1 + 3 + 5 = 9 ... success

Fast-talk
3d6 <= 13+1 (acting)
6 + 4 + 4 = 14 ... success
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 10:27 AM   #1493
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Right so I'll go back to grab the guards, post them on every side (including up and down) but one, and tell them to enter half a minute later, so I can open up a door and surprise anyone inside.

Unless of course the doors are locked. Then I guess I'll have them back me up while I unlock the door.
The doors are locked, not just shut...



Its tricky to unlock a hatch sealed from the other side, but Hua has studied how to do it. She'll need proper tools though.. the roll isn't good enough to open the door with no tools or a random bit of metal... she'll need a sturdy metal bar of some sort and a drill...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
The idea was having the noisemakers ahead in the corridors, with one person making watch outside, close to the door. The (hidden) noisemakers were intended to compliment the per roll of the guard. The noisemakers might not work, but the person doing watch is going to be there anyway.
ok, so its to protect the command center on deck 9. That wasn't clear.


Quote:
Pacifica scans the place using Vibration Sense (she checks for the number of people in there, weapons, and the bomb’s location… if any). She will share this information with the group and makes sure the people with her aren´t identified as traitors. Then, she tells her group that if Zybo is with enemies they will try to get closer acting as allies (explaining that Zybo could help them).
She has merely seconds to do this: there are six people in the room, one of which is standing on something... maybe the bomb, which would put it in the middle of the compartment. She can't tell much else through the narrow door.


She has only seconds to communicate her plan: "Attack unless I identify someone!"


Quote:
“Commander Zybo, are you here? Are you safe?”
"Pacifica? Is that you?"


Pacfica responds affirmatively.



Commander Zybo orders his men to stand down. "She's with us. Come in Pacifica."


A women contradicts his orders. "Hold that. What if she's been compromised?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 12:11 PM   #1494
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Its tricky to unlock a hatch sealed from the other side,
So there must be someone inside then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
but Hua has studied how to do it. She'll need proper tools though.. the roll isn't good enough to open the door with no tools or a random bit of metal... she'll need a sturdy metal bar of some sort and a drill...
Would the tool kit I was given way earlier work? If so, I'll go fetch the tool kit and go open the door. If not, I'll leave the guards to surround warhead storage and go see how the other guards are doing.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:26 PM   #1495
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica speaks, softly:

It is OK, I am good, I am with you! Are you alright? Enemy forces are coming this way. They are using the prisoners to seize life support.

She knows that Zybo trusts her words, after all, she works for him. She is also implying that the enemy forces are taking the deck that would keep “everybody” safe after the explosion. She creates this situation to have him convince the woman about Pacifica's intentions and to buy time to quickly check her team once more (so she whispers):

Could be Tutuna, raise your hand if you fought against their forces.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:05 PM   #1496
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The officer freezes and his pistol clatters to the floor. Moments later, security is right on top of her, and she surrenders.
(OOC: Have we secured the reactor? How many crew have been taken prisoner?)

Daymar releases the officer from Suggestion and then tries Mental Surgery.

[1055] 22-07-12 20:03:21 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:52 PM   #1497
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So there must be someone inside then.

Would the tool kit I was given way earlier work? If so, I'll go fetch the tool kit and go open the door. If not, I'll leave the guards to surround warhead storage and go see how the other guards are doing.
heh, the tool kit is actually really close by. Hua runs and quickly grabs it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica speaks, softly:

It is OK, I am good, I am with you! Are you alright? Enemy forces are coming this way. They are using the prisoners to seize life support.

She knows that Zybo trusts her words, after all, she works for him. She is also implying that the enemy forces are taking the deck that would keep “everybody” safe after the explosion. She creates this situation to have him convince the woman about Pacifica's intentions and to buy time to quickly check her team once more (so she whispers):
Zybo: "We're on the run. We fought a major engagement with the Dreadstormers and ..."


Female Voice: "Quiet! We have not vetted their loyalty."
Zybo: "Stay Outside Pacifica. we have something to work out."



Quote:
Could be Tutuna, raise your hand if you fought against their forces.

You've got 14 men, and all but four of them raise their hands.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
(OOC: Have we secured the reactor? How many crew have been taken prisoner?)
You've just started securing the reactor: this is the first set of rooms. The reactor stretch from deck four to deck 17. You caught 20 people in this room, and there should be 60 spread out among all of the decks. This is the control area though, and the easiest place to sabotage from.


Quote:
Daymar releases the officer from Suggestion and then tries Mental Surgery.
He thinks it worked.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 04:28 PM   #1498
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
heh, the tool kit is actually really close by. Hua runs and quickly grabs it.
OK, let's try that tool kit. If I'm short the bar, I'll go looking to see if there's a sturdy bar lying around somewhere.

Quote:
[1056] 22-07-12 23:27:15 CEST
Scrounging Default

3d6 <= 10
6 + 3 + 2 = 11 ... failure
[1057] 22-07-12 23:27:38 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 14
1 + 4 + 2 = 7 ... success
Well, no bar, but maybe now?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:55 PM   #1499
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, let's try that tool kit. If I'm short the bar, I'll go looking to see if there's a sturdy bar lying around somewhere.

Well, no bar, but maybe now?
Are you willing to use a riffle barrel? It WILL get damaged.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:04 PM   #1500
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Are you willing to use a riffle barrel? It WILL get damaged.
...

Sure, I could still use it as material for a trap, and I have a pistol to work with. Heck, if I can find the time I could probably swap it for one of the useless rifles barrels later.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.