Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-20-2021, 07:55 AM   #841
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Peter's weapons are stowed, so he impulsively throws himself at the creature, trying to knock it to the ground to hopefully "smoke out" before it can cause any harm. (attempting to run and slam...)
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 07:56 AM   #842
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Peter's weapons are stowed, so he impulsively throws himself at the creature, trying to knock it to the ground to hopefully "smoke out" before it can cause any harm. (attempting to run and slam...)

There is a massive difference is size between the two of you... but ok.

Brawling-11 vs 8 is a hit! He either chooses not to dodge or fails his dodge roll. Relative velocity is 7. The demon rolls 1d6+1 damage, Peter will be rolling 1d-1. Do you want me to make those rolls?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:20 PM   #843
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There is a massive difference is size between the two of you... but ok.

Brawling-11 vs 8 is a hit! He either chooses not to dodge or fails his dodge roll. Relative velocity is 7. The demon rolls 1d6+1 damage, Peter will be rolling 1d-1. Do you want me to make those rolls?
Ah, to be impulsive and overconfident... Hopefully, Peter will learn from this painful experience...

Please feel free to make to rolls! Peter gets a +1 for brawling I believe.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 11-22-2021 at 11:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #844
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Ah, to be impulsive and overconfident... Hopefully, Peter will learn from this painful experience...

Please feel free to make to rolls! Peter gets a +1 for brawling I believe.

Not with a single point in brawling he doesn't...

The Demon takes 1 damage, Peter takes 5 (major wound), and he falls down to the side of the demon. The demon strikes at Mr. Pundell, who takes the blow, but doesn't go down. Mr. Holland steps in with his sword, slashing down the creature's skin, and Mr. Stanway attacks with his knife. The moment of crisis is broken, and by the time Peter has cleared his wits, the demon is mere smoke.

The group is (mostly politely) arguing over making more of the Karaka creatures... it has become apparent that everyone making just a few is a bad idea. Mr. Pundell still has a firm grip on the jade frog. Mr. Stanway and Colonel Holland both want to go back to camp to discuss properly, and its looking like the group might agree to that.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #845
the_matrix_walker

((Oops, got some of those rules wrong and that went even worse than I thought it would, lol. Hopefully, the act of bravery makes an impression anyway.))

Peter tries to wrap his bruised ribs (Can you give yourself any kind of first aid?) and limps long after them back to camp...

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 11-23-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:45 AM   #846
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

First Aid for yourself is... possible, at a penalty, I think, but not necessary in this situation. Peter's ribs are tied up tight, and he finds he can move almost as well as before.

(TL 5 first aid roll is 1d6-2... and you got four points back).

The argument suddenly goes quiet, and about a quarter of the men are pointing guns at the rest of them, especially the leadership. Mr. Pundell is demanding that the rest of the heads of the group put down their weapons and that no one else move. He's still holding the Frog, and standing close to the dying embers in the circle.

Mr. Pundell: "Lets do this civilly. I'll happily buy out your shares in this expedition... you'll all make a handsome profit. But this is, and always was... MY expedition, and MY hunt."

Old 11-29-2021, 10:10 AM   #847
the_matrix_walker

"He wants to buy out the investors AFTER the win, but before the payout?" he mutters to Anil. "Seems legit." He adds sarcastically. He takes a step back and glances for the best route if he wants to flee for cover, but he doesn't pull a weapon for fear of provoking Mr, Pundell and his henchmen.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:39 AM   #848
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"He wants to buy out the investors AFTER the win, but before the payout?" he mutters to Anil. "Seems legit." He adds sarcastically. He takes a step back and glances for the best route if he wants to flee for cover, but he doesn't pull a weapon for fear of provoking Mr, Pundell and his henchmen.

Anil Mutters: "and at Gunpoint."

Peter is within 5 yards of the center of the stone circle, and there is no cover until the bush at its edge, 11 yards away at its closest.

Mr. Pundell is having some of the people bring vegetation to burn from the jungle so he can summon some demons.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:36 AM   #849
the_matrix_walker

Peter tries a desperation move and creates a karana creature of his own, in the hopes that even if he is not in control, it will behave as the other 'demon' did and attack the holder of the totem since he was not the creator. He shapes it into a copy of "insector", only larger if there is enough smoke available.

If there is not enough smoke remaining from the fire, Peter will wait until the first fresh bundle goes into the fire.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:12 AM   #850
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter tries a desperation move and creates a karana creature of his own, in the hopes that even if he is not in control, it will behave as the other 'demon' did and attack the holder of the totem since he was not the creator. He shapes it into a copy of "insector", only larger if there is enough smoke available.

If there is not enough smoke remaining from the fire, Peter will wait until the first fresh bundle goes into the fire.

ok, that's clever... it wouldn't work for an ordinary Karana user... but Peter isn't ordinary when it comes to magic. The distance makes it tricky... but with a roll of 9, he makes it!

He feels the smoke fighting about what the form should be... but is easily able to disconnect the creature from the frog. Will he let the demon form like it wants?

Tags
lost in dreams