Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #10
naloth

Default Re: Rules puzzle: Extra Attack and readying

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs
Rapid Strike with thrown weapons doesn't fit the image of what she's doing. Those aren't tiny little ball bearings; they're 9-lb. steel balls, which comes to about the size of a softball, I think—they have to be that big to get the maximum throwing damage. And La Gata's a 93-pound teenage girl. No way she's grabbing a handful of steel balls for a Rapid Strike or Rapid Fire.
I don't see why MA wouldn't let you do them sequentially. (From memory) It's Fast-Draw at no penalty for the first item each turn and -2 for the second. Rapid Strike is a -6 per additional attack to all attacks.

You could also throw one from each hand every turn. Instead of rapid strike, that's just like dual attack. Both are at -4 and your off-hand is at an additional -4. I would let Extra Attack remove the -4 penalty, so you would just need to buy Off-Hand Weapon Training (Perk) to remove the other -4. This doesn't eliminate the need to ready the items (with fast draw or normally), but it will let you strike faster when you have items to strike with.

Quote:
Her abilities don't come from martial arts training, but from an alien virus. She's just started her first course in karate. She can't possibly acquire either Trained by a Master or Weapon Master in the expected duration of the campaign. And I'm not sure I want her to, anyway; it's a drastic change of character theme.
I would let Extra attack should get you around the rapid strike penalty. Natural speed sounds like a fair trade-off for training.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote