Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 01-22-2022, 11:36 PM   #1
seawolf509

Default Computer version of Car Wars

Hello,

Any word, whisper, stray thought on making computer version of Car wars again?
seawolf509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:30 PM   #2
baakyocalder

Default Re: Computer version of Car Wars

Some members of the Car Wars Discord are in contact with the company working on the game, but there hasn't been much news since FnordCon4, when they were still working on it.

I expect we'll hear more as the game moves closer to release.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 10:55 PM   #3
seawolf509

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakyocalder View Post
Some members of the Car Wars Discord are in contact with the company working on the game, but there hasn't been much news since FnordCon4, when they were still working on it.

I expect we'll hear more as the game moves closer to release.
When was FnordCon4 please and any info on where I can get any more info would be appreaciated.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #4
PresidentTwoeagles

Back in mid January I asked Burger Becky from Olde Skuul games who is working on the remake what the status was, and she said "Getting closer". That was it. I don't think there was any info at the last FnordCon but I was expecting some. Back in October she said "We hope to have screen shots in a few months. We have to coordinate with Steve Jackson Games."
Old 02-08-2022, 08:09 AM   #5
baakyocalder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentTwoeagles View Post
Back in mid January I asked Burger Becky from Olde Skuul games who is working on the remake what the status was, and she said "Getting closer". That was it. I don't think there was any info at the last FnordCon but I was expecting some. Back in October she said "We hope to have screen shots in a few months. We have to coordinate with Steve Jackson Games."
Thanks for the reminder about who was working on the remake. . . Steve Jackson Games has pretty good quality control for its work, so I'd imagine they want a polished product before signing off on it.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 12:40 PM   #6
HeatDeath

They just need to listen to the feedback from the Ogre game and not make the UI obscure extremely important game-state information just because it makes the UI coding slightly easier.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:45 AM   #7
seawolf509

Just posting to keep the thread alive.... (got 20 more years to go before I can retire and play with real people.)
Old 04-07-2022, 03:57 AM   #8
DarkPumpkin

I would be interested in a list of "car wars -esque" retro games, that is video games mainly from the 80s and possibly the 90s, that are out there. I know
there were a few.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 08:48 PM   #9
PresidentTwoeagles

Steve had this to say in the "3 Things for April" E-mail:

And remember the computer version, Autoduel? Well, this is not an announcement. Your reward for subscribing to “Three Things” is an occasional leak, that’s all. Leak? What leak? What were we talking about? Isn’t the sky blue today?

Stay tuned for more info!

Hopefully we'll see something at FnordCon!
Old 04-21-2022, 12:16 PM   #10
Spencer

Even a virtual tabletop platform, where gamers who live some distance from each other, would be welcome as far as I'm concerned. Getting together to play in person is great, but it would be handy for gamers to be able to meet online and play on a VTT; more gaming means more purchasing of electronic materials, and there might be a lot of market out there for this.
"Bob knew that he was in trouble the instant that he lined up the sidecar rig in his sights and heard a 'click' when he pulled the trigger. Based on the sized of the dust cloud following that sidecar rig, it was big trouble, too."
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote