Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-05-2021, 06:21 AM   #771
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar nods to Chiki, and then returns to Pothi to share the bad news that "now isn't such a good time". "I guess you were right, everyone's too busy and worried to be thinking of that kind of thing. We'd better get on-shift."
Pothi: "Its was worth a shot." He looks at her again. "you're sure that's it and you're not just sparing my feelings?"

Quote:
The next item on Day's agenda is to connect with Nijothu and his buddy. Which shift is he on, and where would be able to meet them?
Third shift. They're working right now, and are scheduled to go to bed as soon as Daymar starts working. They're up on the second level in the shield section living quarters.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #772
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) So to ask again: how much extra time will be spent sleeping.
Six hours it is, good! Pacifica will recover all of her missed sleep, so that's about 3 hours left for Nejora on that day.

She will have a one hour and half conversation with Nejora, and leave the rest for casual activities. Pacifica will be doing discrete follow-ups during downtime, ordinary small-talk.

Nejora is subverted with Fanaticism: Pacifica; things must flow smoothly, given her new, unwavering dedication to Pacifica.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:07 AM   #773
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Nejora is subverted with Fanaticism: Pacifica; things must flow smoothly, given her new, unwavering dedication to Pacifica.

Forgot about that, thanks.

Nejora is from Jeetu, a world currently undergoing a nasty civil war. She grew up during it, in a family loyal to the Zorbani but with ties to the bushmen, the group that is in rebellion. She lost a lot of family to the war. She joined the navy rather than the army because she says "<explicative> killing <explicative> rebels on <explicative> planets doesn't <explicative> change anything." She wants to make a real difference, and she's quite smart, so she joined the navy to bring the fight to the foreign powers supporting the rebellion (which is to say she hates the quinta republic more than most people on the ship).

She doesn't trust many people because they often turn on her when they find out she's got a bushman grandmother. She tries to make it very clear she's not one of them. She has no idea what the tatoo is: she just thought it looked intimidating. She doesn't let anyone else know that though.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-06-2021, 10:28 AM   #774
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Pothi: "Its was worth a shot." He looks at her again. "you're sure that's it and you're not just sparing my feelings?"

Third shift. They're working right now, and are scheduled to go to bed as soon as Daymar starts working. They're up on the second level in the shield section living quarters.
"No, no, it's not you buddy, just present circumstances. Let things cool down and then give it another shot."

I'm trying to figure out what they're doing when Day is off-duty. Day got up early to catch this shift at dinner, and then is going on-duty. Isn't there a period of off-duty between work and sleep?
Old 07-07-2021, 03:18 PM   #775
Hide

I understand your motivations Nejora.
Pacifica is crying.
Quote:
Pacifica's acting:
3d6 <= 15
1 + 3 + 2 = 6 ... success.
Wars like these always make me think…
Don’t blame your people or yourself.

Between you and I:

Believe me, the Zorbani couldn’t protect your planet from the foreigners, they let the Jeetu die in their name… If your planet was OK from the beginning, Jeetu people (bushmen) wouldn’t have accepted foreign help. All these back stabs you have received along the road, reflect their broken faith on the people like you.

You realized how things were and decided to make the difference. And now you are here, trying to clean this mess, we are taking the fight to our <expletive> enemies. We got this! Right?!

Pacifica tells Nejora they can make it!

Last edited by Hide; 07-08-2021 at 10:56 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 08:58 AM   #776
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"No, no, it's not you buddy, just present circumstances. Let things cool down and then give it another shot."

I'm trying to figure out what they're doing when Day is off-duty. Day got up early to catch this shift at dinner, and then is going on-duty. Isn't there a period of off-duty between work and sleep?
They'll probably be working an extra hour or two during the shift on this particular day.

Down time is mostly spent either at the establishments just above the main crew quarters (near the laundromat and below the medical bays), in the mess hall, watching various pre-downloaded media, Or in various corners of the ship (most notably deck 19) doing activities that are only semi-approved and encouraged (gambling being the most prominent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I understand your motivations Nejora.
Pacifica is crying.

Wars like these always make me think…
Don’t blame your people or yourself.

Between you and I:

Believe me, the Zorbani couldn’t protect your planet from the foreigners, they let the Jeetu die in their name… If your planet was OK from the beginning, Jeetu people (bushmen) wouldn’t have accepted foreign help. All these back stabs you have received along the road, reflect their broken faith on the people like you.

You realized how things were and decided to make the difference. And now you are here, trying to clean this mess, we are taking the fight to our <expletive> enemies. We got this! Right?!

Pacifica tells Nejora they can make it!
"Right!" Nejora makes an ugly face. "We'll show those <explicative> <explicative nouns> that we matter.

I think its Evening for Hua and Daymar, and thus their off time. Hua is going to bed early, trying to recover her lost sleep, and make up for her activities tonight: she's looking at getting dud pills into Daymar's new mess, I believe.

It is 2 hours into the second shift. It WAS 45 hours until you arrived at the depot... but no more. it might still be 43 hours until daymar's shift is locked down. The ship has been out of hyperspace for 16 hours

Pacifica is at a slightly different time, being 2 hours into the third shift, and at 24 hours after the hyperspace drop.

Old 07-12-2021, 05:12 PM   #777
TGLS

Quote:
I think its Evening for Hua and Daymar, and thus their off time. Hua is going to bed early, trying to recover her lost sleep, and make up for her activities tonight: she's looking at getting dud pills into Daymar's new mess, I believe.
Putting in dud pills and making poison pills. Starting with putting in the duds.

Getting to the mess
Quote:
[524] 21-07-13 01:05:31 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... failure
[525] 21-07-13 01:05:45 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 4 + 5 = 10 ... success
I guess the stealth saved me again? Waiting to spot an opportune time:
Quote:
[526] 21-07-13 01:07:35 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 5 + 5 = 14 ... failure
I guess I missed it? Maybe I can try again:
Quote:
[527] 21-07-13 01:09:26 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
3 + 2 + 6 = 11 ... success
OK, now to attempt Lockpicking at -4 I believe:
Quote:
[528] 21-07-13 01:11:27 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 10
5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... failure
[529] 21-07-13 01:11:33 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 10
5 + 4 + 2 = 11 ... failure
[530] 21-07-13 01:11:38 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 10
3 + 4 + 5 = 12 ... failure
Well I guess something happened by now, or at least I should let you check.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:34 PM   #778
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
They'll probably be working an extra hour or two during the shift on this particular day.

Down time is mostly spent either at the establishments just above the main crew quarters (near the laundromat and below the medical bays), in the mess hall, watching various pre-downloaded media, Or in various corners of the ship (most notably deck 19) doing activities that are only semi-approved and encouraged (gambling being the most prominent).
Okay. Day is going to work 'fixing' the hyperdrive while trying to avoid doing so, and if possible, break things further. I'm rolling against Acting to make a convincing attempt of fixing and to conceal further sabotage, and then Mechanic (Stardrive) to see what he can break to further delay repairs.

[531] 21-07-13 02:31:11 CEST

Acting

3d6 <= 14
2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success

[532] 21-07-13 02:32:41 CEST

Mechanic (Stardrive)

3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... success - Critical success!

Following his shift, he will try to locate Nijothu. Do you want a skill roll to do so, and if so, which one?
Old 07-13-2021, 12:15 AM   #779
Hide

Quote:
Okay. Day is going to work 'fixing' the hyperdrive (...)

Mechanic (Stardrive)
3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... success - Critical success!
OOC: EXQUISITE!
Old 07-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #780
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hua sneaks down to Daymar's new target mess (Nijothu) during the Night. The mess is near Daymar's. Hua is fiddling with the lock, trying to get it open, when someone points and shouts "Theif! Sabatour! Dreadstormer!"

Hua is in block E on level 15 of the ship: not the best spot for running: The only way out is up or down: missile bays block the port and starboard bulkheads, capacitors the fore escape, and the ship's rocket the aft.

Hua thought she was invisible, but she must be just enough for someone to notice, and she must have chosen the wrong window to pick the lock and taken too long.

There are two people in the hall, but the mess hall will be completely full, and one of the nearby sleeping quarters is full. This being the Motive section, and near Daymar's suspicious section, there will almost certainly be four security guards nearby.

OCC: and yet again, Hua could have really used luck!

Quote:
Okay. Day is going to work 'fixing' the hyperdrive while trying to avoid doing so, and if possible, break things further. I'm rolling against Acting to make a convincing attempt of fixing and to conceal further sabotage, and then Mechanic (Stardrive) to see what he can break to further delay repairs.
Daymar is in the engine room today, because that's where the problem is. He's an extra hand there, but he's an extra hand who knows what he's doing, unlike all the transportation people driving forklifts around trying to help reseat the spinning portion of the drive and bringing in more fluid. He thinks he sees Hua at one point.

Daymar is able to give a slight spin to one of the suspended pieces at one point, right in time for a forklift to run into it. He's gone by the time the disaster happens, and it will set the whole recovery operation back by 36 hours.

[/quote]Following his shift, he will try to locate Nijothu. Do you want a skill roll to do so, and if so, which one?[/QUOTE]
Nijothu is working during Daymar's evening... in the hyperspace engine room, where you have been all day. He will be very easy to find, you know the exact spot he'll be. What do you tell Pothi?