Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-19-2020, 08:00 AM   #211
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottriman View Post
Alright, I will be looking forward to that.
In the meantime I do have this 20mm cannon this already up on the blog:

https://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/2020/06...s-be2.html?m=1

And this mini mech which has several toys in its write up:

http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/2016/10/...rator.html?m=1

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 11:18 PM   #212
Kale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
I was gonna do something like that in the very beginning but only that you could swap it out for a mini grenade launcher since there was a pdw concept that I came across that featured that very idea and I thought that it was so stupid awesome that it would make a great "PC" iconic weapon
Then I stated out the grenades..... and they were kinda useless at that scale no matter what I loaded them with so I dropped the idea.
Ultratech had a combo SMG-Shotgun weapon that was 90's tacticool at its best. It was really heavy because it was basically an SMG and Shotgun taped together. The idea has some merit though; you could have a break-open single shot 12 or 20-gauge built into the grip for forced entry work. The idea is like the grenade launcher under an M16 rifle, but scaled down for 18.5mm shotgun shells. It could blast off a lock or door hinge much more quickly than the 8mm, especially with tungsten powder breaching slugs. Monster hunters would appreciate being able to carry a custom shot load like silver/wood/kryptonite or incendiary shot or slugs as a Plan-B for anything the 8mm pi- doesn't faze. 12-gauge is probably too big for the pistol form factor, but 20-gauge might be small enough and still packs a big punch.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:07 AM   #213
Say, it isn't that bad!

Quote:
Got another new Ultra-Tech firearm, this time cambered in a shiny new caliber, for all you cyberpunks to flatline a gunk or two with your Chombattaas, the W & H PDW-7P cambered in 8mmAADR.

https://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/2020/12...hawks-pdw.html
The table doesn't align correctly in the browser I am using (Firefox).

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=169674

If you don't know why I said something, please ask. Assumptions are the death of courtesy.

Disappointed in the behaviour I have too-often encountered here.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:07 AM   #214
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say, it isn't that bad! View Post
The table doesn't align correctly in the browser I am using (Firefox).
That's odd, that's what I use but it's coming up fine on my laptop.

I'll see what I can do but aliment is a bit butts in Blogger. I'll have to see if I can find any tutorials on workarounds. It might come as a bit of a surprise but I'm not the most computer literate guy out there heh

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
Old 12-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #215
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale View Post
Ultratech had a combo SMG-Shotgun weapon that was 90's tacticool at its best. It was really heavy because it was basically an SMG and Shotgun taped together. The idea has some merit though; you could have a break-open single shot 12 or 20-gauge built into the grip for forced entry work. The idea is like the grenade launcher under an M16 rifle, but scaled down for 18.5mm shotgun shells. It could blast off a lock or door hinge much more quickly than the 8mm, especially with tungsten powder breaching slugs. Monster hunters would appreciate being able to carry a custom shot load like silver/wood/kryptonite or incendiary shot or slugs as a Plan-B for anything the 8mm pi- doesn't faze. 12-gauge is probably too big for the pistol form factor, but 20-gauge might be small enough and still packs a big punch.
I ended up adding in 15mm gyroc launcher instead since it's pretty close to the size of a 20 gauge and was already stated up. I might look into the idea closer later though after I've cleared off some of my back log of ideas.

Also I've updated the stat tables. I've done them by hand since Blogger is kinda garbage at making thing line up and I'm not very well verse in HTML. But it seems that since the update its somewhat better at formatting things so here's hoping this works better.

Thanks for the feed guys, while I try to be as thorough as possible things are gonna still fall through the cracks from time to time. Getting feed back like this not only lets me know that my content is useful but also helps me improve my content so it is appreciated.

http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/2020/12/...hawks-pdw.html

Old 01-08-2022, 10:15 PM   #216
The_Ryujin

Something stirs....

http://gurb3d6.blogspot.com/2022/01/...ith-power.html

Old 01-09-2022, 04:12 AM   #217
Ottriman

You return!

It's been so long.

Glad to see you're back at making stuff.
Ottriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:17 AM   #218
The_Ryujin

Quote:
You return!

It's been so long.

Glad to see you're back at making stuff.
While sadly it'll still be off and on for a while, I just want to make people know that even though things are at a crawl the blog isn't dead.

Fun fact about this post: It was originally about 90% done maybe a month after Squadrons first came out.... and then blogger decided it didn't want to play nice with goggle docs anymore. Failing to figure out what went wrong and the frustration from that is part of what pushed me into not updating for a long while (well not the only reason but it didn't help at all). Thankfully I got inspired by an Enrage Eggplant (the guy who does the Generic Universal Eggplant blog) Youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ2...AKc1eUyYTIFoMg) to take another crack at it and found out that if I just fist pasted it into some random online notepad site and then copy it to blogger from there it worked for some reason. Yeah... blogger doesn't want to play nice with docs which is another Google service but some random websites generic notepad program? Works fine!

Old 01-12-2022, 09:56 AM   #219
Ottriman

Quote:
found out that if I just fist pasted it into some random online notepad site and then copy it to blogger from there it worked for some reason. Yeah... blogger doesn't want to play nice with docs which is another Google service but some random websites generic notepad program? Works fine!
Ahh technical issues.

Those are always infuriating, and often nonsensical. For copying text I always open up simple Notepad if formatting and technical issues of working with text are a major issue.

Pasting text into notepad, and then copy/pasting from there seems to fit into any text field and always removes formatting if it's being a pain. Of course that means that desirable formatting would also be removed.

But that's just how it goes.
Ottriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 03:15 PM   #220
RyanW

Quote:
Pasting text into notepad, and then copy/pasting from there seems to fit into any text field and always removes formatting if it's being a pain. Of course that means that desirable formatting would also be removed.
Features ruin everything. The best software is the one that has no features. Ideally, not even a user interface.

Tags
blog, blogs, gurps day