Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-28-2022, 05:37 PM   #731
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious offers a more subdued greeting and suggests a walk to keep on the move against prying eyes and ears.
I agree and follow.

Quote:
"I've heard much the same regarding the political situation. It feels like there is a power play in the works and one of these players is about to over-reach toying with ancient powers."
"Almost like last time; except this time the plan is to beat the opposition into submission, not just get very powerful. Or maybe it's supposed to be, 'hey, check out our new weapon', and then things get out of hand."

Quote:
"I have heard about this architect in reference to his interest in unusual trade..."
Are you sure? I thought there was no unusual trade going on...
Quote:
"Perhaps I can try to arrange a meeting. I'm sure his speech will give us the flavor of how best to approach him. He may be involved, or be serving as inspiration for another..."
"Well, if you think it would help. I was planning on possibly breaking into Uglin's residence during his speech, though I suppose if I have a swarm of microbots tailing him, that wouldn't be too necessary."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:02 AM   #732
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Literally or figuratively?
A figurative replacement, where the knight-shamans rule the community and it does what they want.

Quote:
Are you sure? I thought there was no unusual trade going on...
There is nothing recent. He collects the items they brought out of the mountain back when they did so more regularly though.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:26 PM   #733
the_matrix_walker

"But I have identified him as a potential buyer of the unusual and refined, which could be a method of approach and enticement."
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:11 PM   #734
TGLS

Quote:
"But I have identified him as a potential buyer of the unusual and refined, which could be a method of approach and enticement."
"We can play it that way. I'll go looking for these stone melders. Have you made any inroads on where they are?"
Old 07-01-2022, 07:25 AM   #735
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"We can play it that way. I'll go looking for these stone melders. Have you made any inroads on where they are?"
I don't think V has looked for them yet...

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-01-2022, 10:36 AM   #736
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Grand Order of Knight-Shamans is officially in charge of maintaining their icy prisons.
"From what I have learned, their guardians are The Grand Order of Knight-Shamans... perhaps your nosey bugs might help us track them down. If we see a connection between someone in a position to manipulate the organization and sympathy for aspects of Uglin's position, we may find our culprit."

Vassarious would like to see the speech and get the details, but if we're set up to record it and the crowd with this technological divination, that will be helpful if we want to review it.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 06:36 PM   #737
TGLS

Quote:
"From what I have learned, their guardians are The Grand Order of Knight-Shamans... perhaps your nosey bugs might help us track them down. If we see a connection between someone in a position to manipulate the organization and sympathy for aspects of Uglin's position, we may find our culprit."
"Righto. I don't think the drones can go too far outside of town, but I think I could have them cover the guild lodge well enough to record anything they say about the stone melders. Failing that the drones probably locate their library or map room and I could break in there to find the locations of the stone melders."
Old 07-05-2022, 07:37 AM   #738
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious would like to see the speech and get the details, but if we're set up to record it and the crowd with this technological divination, that will be helpful if we want to review it.
There is not reason you can't do both...

Anything else to coordinate before the next steps?

Old 07-05-2022, 02:45 PM   #739
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There is not reason you can't do both...

Anything else to coordinate before the next steps?
No, I think we've agreed on our next move.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:30 AM   #740
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Does Vassarious have anything to do between the time of their meetup and the speech?

Halcyone spends some time directing swarms to various locations. One swarm to the location of the speech, and another to the lodge of the grand order. The swarm quickly picks up talk about "statue duty": The statues are kept in the basement of the order, kept frozen in blocks of ice by a rotating roster of Ice-wielding knight-shamans.