Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
Bruno

Default Re: Products for dragons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
And he also proves that pants have many useful purposes!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I love the ability to snap the Great Wall of China like a bull whip. Because masonry will really do that kind of thing (yeah, super-strength routinely does things like picking up a skyscraper by one corner, but this is a step above and beyond).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #13
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I love the ability to snap the Great Wall of China like a bull whip. Because masonry will really do that kind of thing (yeah, super-strength routinely does things like picking up a skyscraper by one corner, but this is a step above and beyond).
Like punching bulls so hard they fly off screen and come down as a fully stocked beef and sausage stand?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
Nymdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Your looking at a picture of a giant dragon wearing pants and its the flexibility of the masonry that weirds you out? In for a penny, in for a pound. Its fiction. Go With it.

Maybe the rubberized masonry is a defense against a roaming band of Merry Melodies Mongolians.....They charge and 'BOING' the attack is hilariously repelled.

Heck I like the idea. No dragon would ever attack a castle if you could flick the towers and have it make the curiously reasurring noise of the door stop in the bathroom.

http://i.qkme.me/3psamu.jpg

Cometo think o fit a spray that gives stone rubber like properties might be just the sort of thing that a dragon WOULD buy. Can you imagine Turning Helms Deep into a Dragon sized Moon Bounce.....that'd be EPIC.
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumbla...4840zJz9kA.jpg

Nymdok

Last edited by Nymdok; 01-14-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #15
Flyndaran
Untagged

Why is normal clothing on par with cartoon physics? Most humans wear pants even in environments in which it's disadvantageous, let alone only for protection.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
Nymdok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
Why is normal clothing on par with cartoon physics? Most humans wear pants even in environments in which it's disadvantageous, let alone only for protection.
Well, actually Id say the fact that its a cartoon puts it on par with cartoon physics. That and the fact that its a cartoon of a dragon. In pants. That may have come from the artists formerly known as prince. Or the Hulk.

If I put on pants, masonry should be have as expected. If my Dragon puts on pants, reality has expanded its boundaries, and I should be expecting other odd things. Like unicorns in leg warmers. Or Masonry thats not quite what it used to be.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Flyndaran
Untagged

Now when I think of cartoons, I picture non humans wearing shirts and NO pants. But I don't see how pants for DRAGONS makes less sense than DRAGONS.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
But I don't see how pants for DRAGONS makes less sense than DRAGONS.
Dragons not typically being depicted wearing pants, it is a bit incongruous. I know exactly why people put diapers on dogs, but I find a dog in nothing but diapers even more incongruous than someone dressing up a dog in a shirt, hat, bow, etc, AND putting diapers on them.

The second case (over-dressed dog with diapers) is a dog dressed up as a baby, and the diapers are really as much functional as part of the costume.

The first case (most likely a breeding female, and commercial breeders tend not to anthropomorphasize the dogs as much) is very unusual to see out of the house while in diapers. So the dog, otherwise dressed as a dog, in diapers? Weeeeird.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #19
zorg
Experimental Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Dragons not typically being depicted wearing pants, it is a bit incongruous. I know exactly why people put diapers on dogs, but I find a dog in nothing but diapers even more incongruous than someone dressing up a dog in a shirt, hat, bow, etc, AND putting diapers on them.

The second case (over-dressed dog with diapers) is a dog dressed up as a baby, and the diapers are really as much functional as part of the costume.

The first case (most likely a breeding female, and commercial breeders tend not to anthropomorphasize the dogs as much) is very unusual to see out of the house while in diapers. So the dog, otherwise dressed as a dog, in diapers? Weeeeird.
What about a dragon in diapers? Inquiring minds want to know...
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg View Post
What about a dragon in diapers? Inquiring minds want to know...
They're egg laying, so they aren't placental and won't menstruate. That eliminates a whole range of marketing products, right there ;)

Regular diapers for baby dragons though... asbestos cloth and rock-wool pads?

Tags
humor