Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 04-22-2015, 11:53 AM   #931
Anders

Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Christians against dinosaurs

Christian group believes that dinosaurs are all fake
Old 04-22-2015, 01:08 PM   #932
smurf
Banned

I knew 2 murderers (ok the first one was assisting a suicide but showed no remorse).

When I met my wife both of our parents were going through divorce (my mum's second divorce).

My mum has had a minor stroke, her mother died of a 4th stroke.

My father died of multiple cancers, so did my sister a few years later.

Weirdness or coincidence? It never appears to be good.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:15 PM   #933
Anders

Was it breast or prostate cancer? Because then you may have a mutation in some of the BRCA genes. They can test for that and if you do you should get checked regularly.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #934
smurf
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Was it breast or prostate cancer? Because then you may have a mutation in some of the BRCA genes. They can test for that and if you do you should get checked regularly.
Neither, stomach and lung iirc, that spread to other organs including brain and bone.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #935
Polydamas

Gustav Eiffel had an apartment and laboratory in the Eifel Tower which he said only he and a few select guests could visit. None of these guests were monster hunters, private investigators in tweed, steampunk inventors, or suspected criminals on the run. That would be too exciting. Nor was it occupied during the pulp era or the war, because you could get a session's worth of adventure out of the setting. And its absolutely certain that nobody was tossed out of it, leaped through a window from the ladder of a nearby airship amidst swirling greatcloaks and smashing glass, or used it as a base while they set up their mad device using the tower as a giant antenna.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #936
William

US Patent 202094, year 1878: a cane with an embedded battery capable of projecting a current to the hand. Merely, you know, for health reasons. Like a magnetic bracelet.

Of course, if you wish...

Quote:
My improved cane is made with a head as large as is allowable for convenient use as a cane, the thick part extending down a little way on the body of the cane. I make this, by the introduction of proper parts, a dry battery, with the negative pole in the center of the top, and the positive pole connected to the rim. ...

Modifications may be made7 especially by increasing or diminishing the number of the plates. This construction makes the battery peculiarly efficient within the limited space available, and allows it to be very: easily taken apart and cleaned, or otherwise attended to....

The cane A may be the rod of an umbrella or parasol, or handle of any portable tool or Weapon, as a policemans club or the like, if desired. ...
I'm sure there is no circumstance under which a gentleman or an honorable policeman might find himself in need of a cane or club which can surreptitiously, by means of a peculiarly efficient battery, be engaged as a device to deliver a sudden, perhaps dangerously incapacitating electric current.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #937
Johnny1A.2

Okay...well...where to begin...

I don't know that this has any gaming applications, but it is, IMHO, very definitely at least a little weird, and it appears to be real life, though I'm open to the possibility of it being an Internet hoax. I'm a bit at a loss of how to be delicate about it, and let me say up front that this link is very likely NSFW.

But, to get to it:

'21 grams', The Sex Toy Containing An Urn of Human Ashes , Smartphone Dock, Perfume Spritzer, Scarf Storage Nook, and Speakers

The link description is sort of self-explanatory, and yet inadequate...
Johnny1A.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #938
(E)

Front page of the local paper has a story about a policeman getting a body back from a great white shark with the aid of a surf rescue IRB and a bushmaster rifle. The shark's victim's name was A. Strange.
(E) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:33 AM   #939
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Front page of the local paper has a story about a policeman getting a body back from a great white shark with the aid of a surf rescue IRB and a bushmaster rifle. The shark's victim's name was A. Strange.
At least they got the whole body. There was that famous case where just an arm was found in a shark. The obvious murder victim could technically have survived losing it, so the case went cold, if I remember correctly.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #940
somecallmetim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
This actually sounds like an awesome alternate historical colluseum game. I hope it would include a pious legend of Saint Jerome pulling a thorn from triceratops foot.
somecallmetim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox