Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #31
Ze'Manel Cunha

Default Re: Realistic Animal Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Of course Marathoners and Ultramarathoners have a better than average health... If you are not healthy, you'd better choose another kind of activity (unless being masochist).
Considering how running a marathon, not to mention an ultramarathon, does permanent damage to the human body, I'd actually say that Marathoners and Ultramarathoners likely have worse health than they would otherwise, but they often do temporarily have Fit or Very Fit, which they burn off along with HT during their runs and they keep piling up long term disads which they use to buy back the Fit and HT for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Health is, in reality, much more complex than GURPS HT.
True that. ;p
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #32
lwcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
But we also can handle nearly every form of toxic vegetation out there.
Please please PLEASE do not try to put this into practice. There are lots of common plants out there that can kill you dead, or make you very sick.

Luke
lwcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #33
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post
Please please PLEASE do not try to put this into practice. There are lots of common plants out there that can kill you dead, or make you very sick.
And many plants that we eat as spice are in much smaller quantities proportional to body mass and caloric intake than the animals that would get sick and die from eating them.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #34
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
And many plants that we eat as spice are in much smaller quantities proportional to body mass and caloric intake than the animals that would get sick and die from eating them.
If humans tried to eat nutmeg for nutrition rather than flavor they'd get sick (and mentally unbalanced too).
Old 11-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #35
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
If humans tried to eat nutmeg for nutrition rather than flavor they'd get sick (and mentally unbalanced too).
You would need to eat quite a few entire nuts to suffer the "bad trip" it would cause.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #36
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwcamp View Post

Luke
It's the nearly that can kill. I only meant it in comparison to most other mammals.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #37
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Capsicum containing plants evolved it to keep mammals from eating them as it induces pain. Kind of hard to argue with humans, and a few odd individuals of other species, being weird for liking it.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #38
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
You would need to eat quite a few entire nuts to suffer the "bad trip" it would cause.
Nope. Only 1-2, or about a tablespoon powdered. More than 4-5 and your life's in serious danger.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animal, gurps, realistic, stats