Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #11
BalanceFx

Default Re: Blink Other Cast Aggressively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain
It's a blocking spell: Casting time is short enough that you don't get to attack him like that without first setting up a wait maneuver.
I dunno... I mean the blink spell moves you to the nearest safest hex within 3 yards right?

If your hex is already safe the spell seems to have done its job. Makes sense since its a blocking spell.

But its open to interpretation. Hehe.

I think it would be better if it says you are instantly and are temporarily granted a new active defense called blink which you may use this turn only.

If you choose to, you may blink away from an attack. The blink is performed at random and at the discretion of the GM. In the absence of a GM the location should be rolled randomly. The final destination should not be more then 3 hexes away and should be relatively safe THIS SECOND. Upon arriving at the new hex you will maintain your facing but a body sense roll is required to take any action on your next turn. If failed you are mentally stunned for that turn.
BalanceFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:26 AM   #12
Harald387

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalanceFx
I dunno... I mean the blink spell moves you to the nearest safest hex within 3 yards right?

If your hex is already safe the spell seems to have done its job. Makes sense since its a blocking spell.

But its open to interpretation. Hehe.
Reread Blink on Magic p.148. The caster chooses any unoccupied hex within three yards. 'Nearest' and 'safe' have nothing to do with it. Blink Other works the same way, but on other people.
GP: How can that be?
M2: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #13
LemmingLord

I love the idea of playing a blink mage who is taking several retreating dodges - backing up onto the rickety wood bridge over the bottomless pit - the baddie swordsman attacks relentlessly again and again...when POP 3 yards to the side... Ahhhhhhhhhhh! falls to his doom. That's what YOU get for messing with a mage buddy.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #14
dynaman

As a GM I would only allow it to be used it's intended purpose.
dynaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
LemmingLord

Fine, then as a mage I would attack the man on the rickety bridge AND blink him to dodge my attack....off the bridge.

Tags
blink other