Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Re: More GMing and Campaign Help

Thank you for that giant wall of text! And I don't mean that sarcastically at all. You covered my biggest fear which is making and organizing NPCs. I think I'm going to stick with doing what you said plus a few more -- namely the owners of certain places like taverns and forges. Plus, for taverns, I might create a couple of regulars that have secrets of their own. I'm going to start it of with a nice hook. An ancient artifact is hidden under one of five volcanoes and they have to retrieve it for one or many of the Houses. I'll have a couple NPCs tag along. One of them is going to eventually be the main bad. After the adventurers work so hard to retrieve it, this guy steals it from them. Of course, that might leave them feeling very defeated but I'll find a way to boost their spirits again with some minor treasures.

Also, a little more shameless self-promotion. Please don't forget about my other thread, Miscellaneous Help. I could really use a lot of help there.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, characters, gm advice, names, npcs, setting