Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-26-2014, 08:22 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [IC] Lost in Dreams (Lucy)

SteadyGun: "I trust these guys to act in their own interest, and I know what their interests are. You, on the other hand, are a complete enigma, Lucy Silver. Particuarly as none of us have heard of your bar. We'll tie you up for now."

Host: "The biggest question, of course, is how and why you got in here! Your tresspassing. Breaking and entering my building!"

CoatGiver: "Each of us has our own reasons. Some are in it for fun and profit. Some are in for revenge. I'm in it for peace. If the senator continues on his track, We will end with another war on our hands. And the nation will die."

Host: "For real this time."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #12
Grand Old Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Steady Gun: "I trust these guys to act in their own interest, and I know what their interests are. You, on the other hand, are a complete enigma, Lucy Silver. Particularly as none of us have heard of your bar. We'll tie you up for now."

Host: "The biggest question, of course, is how and why you got in here! Your trespassing. Breaking and entering my building!"

Coat Giver: "Each of us has our own reasons. Some are in it for fun and profit. Some are in for revenge. I'm in it for peace. If the senator continues on his track, We will end with another war on our hands. And the nation will die."

Host: "For real this time."
Lucy listens to each of the men in turn then speaks, addressing the host;

"You're one to talk about breaking the law..."

She laughs and attempts to sound friendly,

"...but like I said I don't know how i got here. Maybe you could call my brother? We know a few guys over in Brooklyn who seem like your sort of people, you might know them. He's probably out but i know his cell number. And a war with who? That sounds serious."
Grand Old Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:23 PM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Host: "Why did you break into my property?"

The group has mixed responses to that. Most of them seem to thing she's confused.

Well Dressed #3: "We are in brookly--" he cuts off as one of the men elbow him.

Crooked Nose: "Your brother's in prison? which one?"

Steady Gun: "War with all the obvious people. If you don't know I don't care."

Lucy is begun to be tied up to the chair, by one of the men less well dressed.

Steady Gun: "She's either completely confused or playing stupid so we underestimate her. Lets get her out of the room."

Coat Giver: "I'll help take her out. I don't want one of you dumping her body in the river somewhere."

Crooked Nose: "Wonder how you'll handle things when its time for the killing to start."

Host: "His qualities are well known. He'll do his part."

The men talk a little more about what to do with her.

When she is finished being tied up a couple of men come forward to move the chair.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 05-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #14
Grand Old Duke

Quote:
Crooked Nose: "Your brother's in prison? which one?"
"No... Why would you think that?"

Quote:
Steady Gun: "War with all the obvious people. If you don't know I don't care."
"All of them? Like China, Russia, Iran?"

As the men pick up the chair to take her out she remarks;

"God I need a drink"
Old 05-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Crooked Nose: "You said you knew which cell he was in. Or is he some sort of catholic monk?"

No one quite knows what Iran is, and they give her funny looks at the thought any of those nations would get involved in a war with them.

She is carried to a dark room, and the man whose coat she is wearing gets a glass of water for her. She's not allowed to handle it with her own hands first though: she remains tied and he gently tips the water to her mouth.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #16
Grand Old Duke

Quote:
Crooked Nose: "You said you knew which cell he was in. Or is he some sort of catholic monk?"
"I meant he has a cell phone..."

She says it as if it was obvious.

Once she's in the room she gladly accepts the water;

"Thanks but something alcoholic would really help. You seem like a nice guy, could you maybe help me out and make sure these guys don't kill me?"
Old 05-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

No one in the room has heard of a cell phone. For that matter, none of them have heard of a phone,and they dismiss any attempt to explain it.

Coat Giver: "No, just water. Now stay nice and quiet, and with any luck you'll make it out of here alive."

They shut the door, and she is left alone in the dark.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #18
Grand Old Duke

Lucy's not going to try to escape, although she will see if she can slip out of the rope and maybe lay down on the floor for some comfort. She suddenly feels quite sad and helpless being left alone.

She'll try for a while to listen to whatever is happening outside, if nothing interesting happens after an hour or so she tries to get some sleep.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #19
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

OCC: wow. nice default there: DX 12 +3 -6 = 9

As it turns out, the ropes are not particularly well tied, and Lucy is able to get out of them. She lays on the floor. Its a rough wooden floor, but she does have a coat. She tries to sleep...

She was woken up by the door opening again. Steady Gun and Coat Giver were there.

Steady Gun: "look who got out all be herself."

Coat Giver: "Give the girl a rest. She didn't try going any farther. We're over-reacting"

Steady Gun: "Given that the penalty for treason is hanging, I'd say the caution is deserved. You're sure your friend will take her?"

Coat Giver: "The guy sees himself as some sort of honourable pirate-explorer. He'll understand, and he won't mind her company. Hey missy. We got more clothes for you." He tosses in a simple but clean and fresh dress and undergarments, and shuts the door again.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #20
Grand Old Duke

As they close the door she tries to catch their attention;

"Hey! When are you guys gonna be back?"

She gets dressed and waits.

Tags
lost in dreams