Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-30-2014, 07:48 AM   #21
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost In Dreams [Vladimir]

Occ: I'm having trouble locating equipment modifiers for doctors. Do you remember where they are?

Edit: found them. -3 for surgery, -1 for physician and first aid. THis includes and is mostly due to the tech level.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 01-30-2014 at 07:54 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:52 PM   #22
ThatMusicWriter

[[OOC: According to GURPS Campaigns, I don't think there's any TL penalty for first aid EXCEPT for how long it takes the player to stabilize someone who's wounded (As a former boy scout, I can tell you only need some sticks and some cloth for MOST of firstaid; the other stuff just makes it faster.)]]
ThatMusicWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:04 PM   #23
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

[Reading first aid over .... ok, but rolls vs infection (the real killer here) will still have the -1]

The supplies are scanty: the army doesn't seem to have been able to resupply for a while. The bandages do seem to be clean, if reused or gotten from less than ideal sources. The antisthetic is preciously guarded and scarce. Their antibiotic was ... well, it was an antibiotic, which was more than he had hoped for. He didn't recognize it, and from its description it seemed inferior.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #24
ThatMusicWriter

Vladimir will prepare what he can and also talk to/look over the few soldiers in the infirmiary to see if they need anything.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #25
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The soldiers already in there seem to be suffering from either fevers or from snake-bite: it seems to be some sort of viper, and most of them have a species of rattlesnake or viper listed.

A few of the soldiers have needs, but those aren't too hard to attend to, and nurses begin coming and and 'stealing' all of his work. He gets a few funny looks from them: apparently a new face is a big deal around here.

after a short time one of the doctors comes in. He is wearing a military uniform, but is a tiny man with a stiff moustache and a vibrant personality. "Hey you! You don't want to be in here working yourself out this morning. That's what tonight's for! Come on up and join the rest of us on the hill we staked out. We should be safe and we can see the battle."

Old 02-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #26
ThatMusicWriter

Vladimir gathers whatever equipment he can, prefering to have bandages, antibiotics, a knife, etc., and helps move what he can.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

OCC: Who is he helping and what of the little doctor who invited him to come relax with the rest of the doctors on a hill?

Old 02-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #28
ThatMusicWriter

OOC: I was unaware everything was already set up at the hill. "Staked out" doesn't exactly sound like a full state of readiness, but in that case, I'll edit it.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #29
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Occ: They don't have supplies. When casualties start coming in they plan to come back to the 'hospital'

Old 02-06-2014, 05:48 PM   #30
ThatMusicWriter

Vladimir still grabs a knife, if able, and heads for the hill.

Tags
lost in dreams