Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #41
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Elijah]

The young boy steps forward and looks at the tools. He picks up the spear, and carries it to the older man "Stone, this is a Strong One spear, isn't it?"

Stone looks at the tool. "Yes, of the terrible claw. They do you see that scratch? It was made on the Great Smooth Stone."

He turns his attention to you. "Lost, I am called Stone. This is my nephew quick foot. What tribe are you from, lost?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #42
Talosian

"I am from the..." He pauses for a second, "... Chicago tribe." Bewildered by their conversation, he lets his curiosity get the better of him, bombarding them with a series of questions, "I'm afraid I don't know what a "Strong One" is, and what is this terrible claw? What's the Great Smooth Stone?"
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quick Foot looks at Stone

"Lost is from the Big-Head tribe."

"Perhaps. We will see. It is difficult to get a Big Head to name himself. He will make up words to confuse us before we can be sure."

"He does not know who the strong ones are. Surely he is a big head."

"He is Lost. Perhaps there are not strong ones where he is from."

"He would not be Lost then. He would would be Great Lost then."

"It is rude to let him wonder who the strong ones are." Stone looks at Elijah. "The strong ones are men who can lift larger stones, but cannot speak with the land. Terrible Claw is the their tribe to the south. The have a great smooth stone that they make all their spears upon because it is so hard, and let others use it only if they are given gifts"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #44
Talosian

Elijah quirks an eyebrow, unsure if he is being made fun of, or if there is an actual Big-Head tribe. "Wait, there's a Big-Head tribe? What do you mean "speak with the land"? Why would a Strong One be in Dog Tribe territory?" He glances at Quick Foot for a moment, "Trust me, I'm way beyond Great Lost."
Old 02-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #45
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quick Foot flashes a grin at Stone

"See, Beyond Great Lost is a Big Head. Only a big head would not now what a big head is."

Stone looks at his nephew "Do you remember when Tells Lies from the Net Maker Tribe tried to tell us he was a big head? he must truely earn his tribe if he is a big head."

"Great Lost must not have found the terrible claw in dog lands. You came from the long water, yes? There are dangerous Net Makers near the long water, and the dog tribe leaves them alone"

Last edited by ericthered; 02-24-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #46
Talosian

"Ah, yes. I came from the long water. Are the Net Makers another tribe? Or do you mean the spiders?" He looks at Quick Foot again, narrowing his eyes slightly, "What's with this whole Big-Head thing? And what did you mean when you said that the Strong Ones couldn't speak with the land?"
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #47
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Stone looks at you like something is wrong with you.

"Net makers are ugly creatures that lay in wait for prey. They do not form tribes. I do not know what you mean by 'Spy- hers' "

Quick Foot cuts in "Thats because he is a big head." the youth turns to speak with Elijah "Big Heads are a tribe that come from a very long ways away. Their shamans do not speak with the land, but they speak to their axes and their bags, and the the axes come to life and serve them. They are a conceited people who make up words instead of naming things. They don't know how to hunt without their axes, yet do not realize how weak they are. They are big heads."

Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #48
Talosian

"Spiders are my people's name for net makers, I'd never heard them called net makers before. I saw a few of them earlier. I was hoping I'd be able to catch one, but it ran away." He looks to Quick Foot, "Their axes come to life? What do you mean?"
Old 02-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #49
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"It is a deep and mysterious thing. The tales say their axes come to life and do things like fly to slay beasts, or carry messages between two different places. We do not understand it. We have never met a big head before."

Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #50
Talosian

"Interesting. You said that the Strong Ones and the Big-Heads didn't speak with the land, what does that mean?"

Elijah's stomach growls, reminding him of yesterdays struggles. "I've found little food since I found myself here yesterday, if you have anything you'd be willing to share, I would be very grateful."

Last edited by Talosian; 02-24-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Tags
lost in dreams