Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-19-2022, 03:09 PM   #101
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Good point. Eric did say he would be disabled along the way.
OK, so we can agree that it's at least possible to split the taking out the Emperor part from the fixing the pattern part.

Quote:
I was trying to arrange identities to combine with our general sneakiness, but maybe I was underestimating the difficulty of the trip.
Well the way I see it there's at least four legs to the trip:
1) Arthus City -> Sabeleum
2) Sabeleum -> "The Front"
3) "The Front" -> "The Trenches"
4) "The Trenches" -> "The Cave System"

I imagine 2 is probably the hardest step on the way there. On the way back, 4 is probably the hardest, as they have a bunch of guards and they're pointed in the right direction.

Quote:
I suppose if I do shapeshift and use the air elemental from I might be able to slip through undetected and just head back and forth...
Hey, if you're fast enough you might be able to avoid the penalty of shapeshifting.

Quote:
PS. Sorry for being a bit frustrated on the board... I've been a bit frustrated elsewhere and there is bleed.
Sorry to hear about troubles in your life. Admittedly I enjoy arguing, so it doesn't really bother me that much.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:32 PM   #102
the_matrix_walker

I edited my post in the OC to have Vassarious try and get moving...
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 05:44 AM   #103
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Is that under V's own power as an air elemental, or did you mean an aircraft?
That's on aircraft.

In an elemental form optimized for flying...You can get at least half the speed of a jet liner, I'd think. You could also probably hitch a ride on a jet liner.

Quote:
PS. Sorry for being a bit frustrated on the board... I've been a bit frustrated elsewhere and there is bleed.

I understand how that is. Good luck with whatever is stressing you.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:45 PM   #104
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Or the trunk, I'd guess
Whoops, mentioned the same place twice. Then again the idea Halcyone did get lots of rest in the trunk makes me think she gets cozy in a box like a cat during off-hours.
Old 02-11-2022, 08:42 AM   #105
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

A GM meta question:

This is a point at which Holomaximus could reasonably take over a lot of the planning. I do want to preserve player agency though, and I'm also uncertain how much of maximus's innate strategic genius is preserved in the copy.

Thoughts on the way you want the game to go?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-11-2022, 09:31 AM   #106
the_matrix_walker

I'm fine with holo-Maximus taking care of the detailed planning with the resistance's help once they have settled on the timing of the attack. they are far more familiar with the strategic situation than Vassarious is. We could push the time out to create a better planning buffer, but that would also increase the possibility of a leak, so V is against pushing it too far out.

Vassarious want to steer them more towards chaos and distraction than death and destruction and minimize the loss of life if possible but understands that some sacrifice is inevitable.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:19 AM   #107
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A GM meta question:

This is a point at which Holomaximus could reasonably take over a lot of the planning. I do want to preserve player agency though, and I'm also uncertain how much of maximus's innate strategic genius is preserved in the copy.

Thoughts on the way you want the game to go?
Well if you mean the planning of the military attack then that's fine. If you mean, the planning of the temple infiltration/reverse sabotage, then not so much.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:28 AM   #108
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I'm fine with holo-Maximus taking care of the detailed planning with the resistance's help once they have settled on the timing of the attack. they are far more familiar with the strategic situation than Vassarious is. We could push the time out to create a better planning buffer, but that would also increase the possibility of a leak, so V is against pushing it too far out.

Vassarious want to steer them more towards chaos and distraction than death and destruction and minimize the loss of life if possible but understands that some sacrifice is inevitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well if you mean the planning of the military attack then that's fine. If you mean, the planning of the temple infiltration/reverse sabotage, then not so much.
Ok, We'll run things that way then.

Old 02-23-2022, 08:05 AM   #109
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Suffice it to say I've been keeping a shopping list
The Grey Text! Its spreading! It will eat us all!

The Horror! The Questions! The Commentary!

Old 03-03-2022, 07:27 AM   #110
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
You gave us Destiny 3 with our packages and I used one in the game before now in Post #217. Was the refresh rate 120 posts?
That was the suggested rate for wildcards (and thus other "per-session" traits like destiny) to refresh. I was hoping the story would break into natural breaks of about that size... but it isn't happening. So lets call it 120 posts. You certainly have your points at the moment.