Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2021, 12:08 AM   #471
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...) Why would they go to the trouble of arresting me and releasing me if they suspected I was a Dreadstormer? (...)
To find the rest of us, totally worth it. Plus, they are still looking for "the" Dread-Stormer and you are a good lead IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
The way I see it we either have to roll with it (my preference is blowing it up) (...)
I doubt we are going to have the time to blow that base ATM. Unless there is a self-destruct button of sorts, it is more likely to turn into our death-trap. But we can take over the ship, and eventually deal with the depot. I believe it does not have to be prior to this re-supply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
The way I see it there's maybe three problems with that plan:

1) I work at this time of day, and eventually Thibi would notice. This is a short meeting, so no problems there.
Maybe you could have her wait in the bathroom? (rhetorical question) I don’t think this is shorter than breaking into the armoury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
2) I cased the armory during my sleep shift. Conditions could (?) be different.
I see, that's a good point, I wonder if there’s a small window in which we both should be sleeping.

(Could you tell us Erick?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
3) I can turn basically invisible and well, you can't.
I am stealthy (says Pacifica as she demonstrates her ability) , plus your ability should cover me as well… I guess.

Displacement (Pacifica making a demonstration)
3d6 <= 14
2 + 2 + 2 = 6 ... success

(As per Psionic Powers 36, you can cover Pacifica within your 2-yard radius, unless you want Hua to go solo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll see if there are radios and gloves there (...)
Understood, let’s aim for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
The pin-code is ####, but I'm pretty sure it's a security guard's pin.
Thank you.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:34 AM   #472
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day will hang around as long as he can to see if the NCO re-emerges, but if he doesn't come out shortly he'll just return to Pothi.
The NCO returns to the stardrive floor fairly soon. He scowls frequently, and seems to be deep in thought.


Quote:
Strategy (Naval) at default
The supply depot is probably two jumps away from any major jakorbi world, and one jump "behind" Jakorbi space. One or two jumps after the depot, they should be positioned to intercept supply ships to the main jakorbi fleet before jumping in join in a major fleet engagement.


The supply depot is not likely to be a proper base, more likely just a stash of supplies. There is a 40% of meeting another ship there, and a 15% chance the other ship is already there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I see, that's a good point, I wonder if there’s a small window in which we both should be sleeping.


The schedule is 8 hours of sleep, 2 hours of morning, 8 hours work, six hours off. During Pacifica's sleep, Hua will have 2 hours of morning and six hours of work. During Hua's sleep, Pacifica has 2 hours of work and six hours off. There is an moment when they both have an excuse to be in bed, but its literally the start of Pacifica's sleep and the end of Hua's.


Quote:
The pin-code is ####, but I'm pretty sure it's a security guard's pin.

correct, the pin is for security.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:26 AM   #473
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Maybe you could have her wait in the bathroom? (rhetorical question) I don’t think this is shorter than breaking into the armoury.
I figure an hour is a good estimate for how long it will take to raid both armories. This has been, what, X minutes since I left Thibi to do an odd job and then this meeting? The odd job took Y minutes, I don't think I can just leave for an eighth of my shift and expect to get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I am stealthy (says Pacifica as she demonstrates her ability) , plus your ability should cover me as well… I guess.
I'd be less hesitant if we could work in parallel (even it was you pick locks and I short the guns). But as it stands it seems like risking a second Dreadstormer for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The supply depot is probably two jumps away from any major jakorbi world, and one jump "behind" Jakorbi space. One or two jumps after the depot, they should be positioned to intercept supply ships to the main jakorbi fleet before jumping in join in a major fleet engagement.
How long does a jump take?

Last edited by TGLS; 02-19-2021 at 01:54 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:09 AM   #474
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
How long does a jump take?

three to six days, averaging about 4.5
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:48 PM   #475
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...) I don't think I can just leave for an eighth of my shift and expect to get away with it.
I understand you scouted the place just once, right?
In these situations, you need someone doing watch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'd be less hesitant if we could work in parallel (even it was you pick locks and I short the guns). But as it stands it seems like risking a second Dreadstormer for no reason.
If we do the same thing at the same time, the both of us will be distracted.
Ultimately, the two of us could deliver a bigger package.


(Erick, where are the weapons stored? I checked the maps but I could not tell their location...)

(If the armouries are separated) I would only raid a single location. Because surely, if you burn one place, it will draw attention ASAP; you don’t have to be a genius to deduce the other location will be compromised. So, this cuts the operation to 30 minutes.

My buddy isn't brainwashed, so I cannot leave her. As long as you work during my shift's sleep hours, I will be OK.

You have the final say, I trust in your skill.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 02:29 PM   #476
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
(Erick, where are the weapons stored? I checked the maps but I could not tell their location...)
Floor 13, section C, the two bathrooms between the large colored areas (reactor and generator?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I would only raid a single location. Because surely, if you burn one place, it will draw attention ASAP; you don’t have to be a genius to deduce the other location will be compromised. So, this cuts the operation to 30 minutes.

I'm just frying the collimators on all the guns; provided no mess ups with the alarm or concealing the the stolen guns, they'll see nothing at all.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:16 PM   #477
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Floor 13, section C, the two bathrooms between the large colored areas (reactor and generator?)
Thanks TGLS; I see, so it is 13C then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm just frying the collimators on all the guns; provided no mess ups with the alarm or concealing the the stolen guns, they'll see nothing at all.
Alright then. How many weapons will you fry? Is it going to be noticeable?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 02-19-2021 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 03:36 PM   #478
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright then. How many weapons will you fry? Is it going to be noticeable?
There's too many for them to check. If they notice that a gun is missing, they might detect the sabotage, but then we'd have bigger fish to fry. Any ideas on how to make the rack look full?

Last edited by TGLS; 02-19-2021 at 03:39 PM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 05:11 PM   #479
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
There's too many for them to check. If they notice that a gun is missing, they might detect the sabotage, but then we'd have bigger fish to fry. Any ideas on how to make the rack look full?
It depends on the layout of the storage, considering the ship’s plans, the internal procedures and the information you can provide me about the armoury, we could foresee the racks/stands they are most likely to inventory or check…

And so, Pacifica listens to Hua’s description of the armoury and interprets it using her soldier skill:

Pacifica (Soldier)
3d6 <= 14
5 + 2 + 6 = 13 ... success

Then, Pacifica comes up with the most likely way personnel will be checking the guns, to assess (per elimination) the more adequate guns (or gun sections) for frying and fetching:

Pacifica (Management)
3d6 <= 14
5 + 1 + 3 = 9 ... success

I wonder if Hua’s insight provides me with an advantage here.

... awaiting input.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:41 AM   #480
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
It depends on the layout of the storage, considering the ship’s plans, the internal procedures and the information you can provide me about the armoury, we could foresee the racks/stands they are most likely to inventory or check…

This is something dreadstormer training covers, as a lot of plots center around those armories. Due to the history of this ship, the most likely layout is visible plastic racks the guns rest on at an 75 degree incline to vertical. Each rack half the height of the chamber, and five feet long. The guns are uncovered, relying on the lock and weather proofing of the 10 by 10 room they are in. There are two "Aisles" in the room, with four racks on each side of each Aisle.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.