Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #1441
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
While Hua is still aiming, the officer slumps to the ground, felled by the previous trauma to his neck.

Captain: "from the Captain!"
If the Captain's unarmoured, I'll quickly turn and fire away at the captain (10 shots). If he's armored I'll aim then fire at the neck.

Quote:
[1024] 22-06-07 18:24:56 CEST
Beam Weapons + 2
-3d6 +17
- 1 - 1 - 3 + 17 = 12
Wow, that might be a crit depending on distance. Looks like all shots hit, unless he's further than 5 yards.
Quote:
[1025] 22-06-07 18:28:04 CEST
Damage

3d6
1: 4 + 5 + 2 = 11
2: 6 + 6 + 3 = 15
3: 2 + 3 + 5 = 10
4: 1 + 6 + 3 = 10
5: 2 + 5 + 6 = 13
6: 4 + 1 + 6 = 11
7: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10
8: 4 + 2 + 6 = 12
9: 4 + 4 + 5 = 13
10: 3 + 6 + 2 = 11

sum: 116, average: 11.60
Ok, the captains been reduced to a fine mist. I'll go check the communicator to see if it's actually functional.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:12 AM   #1442
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica is waiting for reinforcements (maybe two minutes remaining) when the comm squeezes out a message from what looks to be the captain's quarters..

"Sself Destru..."

There is no more to the message

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will do a quick pass on the nine severely wounded prisoners, before moving onto the next group of prisoners.
Daymar thinks it worked.

Daymar is heading to the command center on deck 9 when the comm speakers for the ship squeak out the words:

"Sself Destru..."

And then cuts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
If the Captain's unarmoured, I'll quickly turn and fire away at the captain (10 shots). If he's armored I'll aim then fire at the neck.

Wow, that might be a crit depending on distance. Looks like all shots hit, unless he's further than 5 yards.

Ok, the captains been reduced to a fine mist. I'll go check the communicator to see if it's actually functional.
He's three yards away, and wearing armor. He gets out a little more:

"Self Destruct."

And then takes a full second of laser fire to the neck. He is very dead.

Hua checks on the comm. (secret roll vs. soldier-2). Its in one piece, but it doesn't seem to give anyfeedback. She figures the comm is ruined, but only just... it could be repaired quickly.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #1443
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua checks on the comm. (secret roll vs. soldier-2). Its in one piece, but it doesn't seem to give anyfeedback. She figures the comm is ruined, but only just... it could be repaired quickly.
So how long and difficult would it be to rig the comm to explode (perhaps with one of the lasers) if someone tried to use it?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #1444
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar thinks it worked.

Daymar is heading to the command center on deck 9 when the comm speakers for the ship squeak out the words:

"Sself Destru..."

And then cuts off.
Daymar thinks to himself, "Well, that doesn't sound good..." He is going to make a Spacer role to try to get a sense of what the response is likely to be to that partial message.

[1027] 22-06-08 22:37:00 CEST

Spacer

3d6 <= 16
2 + 6 + 2 = 10 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 06-08-2022 at 02:37 PM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:41 AM   #1445
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So how long and difficult would it be to rig the comm to explode (perhaps with one of the lasers) if someone tried to use it?
enabling a power cell to explode requires either an explosives or armoury (small arms) roll and takes a base of 30 seconds.

rigging that explosion to trigger when the comm is used requires either traps or electronics operation (comms) and takes a base of 30 seconds.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar thinks to himself, "Well, that doesn't sound good..." He is going to make a Spacer role to try to get a sense of what the response is likely to be to that partial message.

A lot of people are going to hear it, but most won't do anything. At least not right away. Some people will start acting on it once its apparent that the ship has been taken and they start working through everything in their minds. Immediately, a few people might act on it, but everyone aside from the top leaders of the maneuver drive, the reactors, and the missiles won't be able to do more than vent atmosphere and start fires.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:06 AM   #1446
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
enabling a power cell to explode requires either an explosives or armoury (small arms) roll and takes a base of 30 seconds.

rigging that explosion to trigger when the comm is used requires either traps or electronics operation (comms) and takes a base of 30 seconds.
Well let's do it then!
Quote:
[1029] 22-06-09 16:01:42 CEST
Traps
3d6 <= 13
1 + 3 + 1 = 5 ... success
[1028] 22-06-09 16:01:34 CEST
Armoury (Small Arms)
3d6 <= 13
6 + 3 + 2 = 11 ... success
Looks like I made excellent time on that second half. Then I'll get out of there and... I dunno, go looking to see if any of the subverted officers or security are around?
Quote:
[1030] 22-06-09 16:03:11 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
[1031] 22-06-09 16:03:36 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 6 + 6 = 14 ... success
[1032] 22-06-09 16:05:21 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #1447
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A lot of people are going to hear it, but most won't do anything. At least not right away. Some people will start acting on it once its apparent that the ship has been taken and they start working through everything in their minds. Immediately, a few people might act on it, but everyone aside from the top leaders of the maneuver drive, the reactors, and the missiles won't be able to do more than vent atmosphere and start fires.
Well, from the "can't do anything about that" perspective, Daymar is going to continue on towards the command centre on deck 9.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:31 AM   #1448
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's do it then!
Hua wires up the explosive trap and places the comm back where it could be used by the unsuspecting. Stripping the two carbines she isn't using gives 2 lbs of REF 1/2 explosive. (I think that's 9d)


Quote:
Looks like I made excellent time on that second half. Then I'll get out of there and... I dunno, go looking to see if any of the subverted officers or security are around?
Hua is still in the officer's quarters when she sees Lt. Vinobi heading towards the captain's quarters...



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Well, from the "can't do anything about that" perspective, Daymar is going to continue on towards the command centre on deck 9.
Daymar makes it to the command center. Pacifica is just outside of it, waiting with a few members of security. She reports she has a room full of cuffed prisoners groggy from oxygen loss.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:32 AM   #1449
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua wires up the explosive trap and places the comm back where it could be used by the unsuspecting. Stripping the two carbines she isn't using gives 2 lbs of REF 1/2 explosive. (I think that's 9d)
Actually it would be 12d. 9d would be 1.125 pounds, or 0.5625 after modifying for REF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua is still in the officer's quarters when she sees Lt. Vinobi heading towards the captain's quarters...
Good. I'll try to stop Vinobi and then try to get him to go somewhere private where we can talk more openly. Then I'll brief him and ask him which sections are the most likely to be doing something dangerous because of the self destruct order (on the grounds he should have an understanding of the personalities of the officers who command the sections).
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 04:14 PM   #1450
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar makes it to the command center. Pacifica is just outside of it, waiting with a few members of security. She reports she has a room full of cuffed prisoners groggy from oxygen loss.
Daymar says, "Well, let's see if I can change their mind about which side to end up on." How many prisoners are there?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.