Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 06-10-2022, 02:12 PM   #41
Steven Marsh

Default Re: GURPS Character Assistant Updated to Version 5

GCA5 has been updated to version 5.0.187. Those who have purchased the digital download previously from Warehouse 23 version can download the new version from their their Warehouse 23 digital libraries.
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 02:40 PM   #42
Armin
GCA Prime

I release notes by the build over at my GCA5 blog https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/ while I work, so exactly what's new in this release is everything that was noted since the previous release.

However, these things are probably most relevant or important to folks:
  • There was a bug in correctly initializing bonuses loaded from saved characters, when those characters used gains bonuses (“to me from X” style). This bug could cause an issue that resulted in any such bonus causing an endless loop. That is now fixed.
  • A new sheet, GCA Prime, is now included with the installation. This is a columnar block-flow sheet that provides more options for what you can see and print.
  • Updates to the GCA UI to help improve display of Super-Effort values for Supers/Powers characters.
  • If you have Show Hidden turned on, GCA will now display otherwise hidden attacks in the Attack displays.
  • Added an option to scale super-large attribute scores.
  • Added a simple checkbox on the General Info box for turning on/off Metric if you use that.
  • Miscellaneous other fixes and bug-catching stuff.

Last edited by Armin; 06-12-2022 at 12:08 PM.
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 10:43 AM   #43
Steven Marsh

GCA5 has been updated to version 5.0.189. Those who have purchased the digital download previously from Warehouse 23 version can download the new version from their their Warehouse 23 digital libraries.
Old 06-12-2022, 12:08 PM   #44
Armin
GCA Prime

This quick new update is due to a bug fix! (Big thanks to Steven for the quick posting!)

The fix I noted here for the previous update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
  • There was a bug in correctly initializing bonuses loaded from saved characters, when those characters used gains bonuses (“to me from X” style). This bug could cause an issue that resulted in any such bonus causing an endless loop. That is now fixed.
wasn't implemented correctly, which caused a bug that crashed GCA when loading characters with a different type of bonus.

Should be fixed now!
Old 09-01-2022, 03:04 PM   #45
Steven Marsh

Should I break out these updates to their own thread, or keep tacking them on here?

Ehhh... that's a problem for Future Steven!

Anyway, GCA5 has been updated to version 5.0.197. Those who have purchased the digital download previously from Warehouse 23 version can download the new version from their their Warehouse 23 digital libraries.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:50 PM   #46
Armin
GCA Prime

I release notes by the build over at my GCA5 blog https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/ while I work, so exactly what's new in this release is everything that was noted since the previous release.

However, these things are probably most relevant or important to folks:
  • There have been lots of bug fixes.
  • Improved support for using rich-text (RTF) in the Description and User Notes fields of Edit Traits, and in Campaign Log notes entries.
  • Added support for 'mini-modes' in attack modes, which is just a way to get an extra damage listing in the same mode line.
  • Added an explicit VTTNotes field for storing stuff for your virtual table top related to a trait. This is now found on Edit Traits. If you don't use a VTT, you can use this as an extra notes slot for things that won't get printed when printing User Notes.
  • You can now change the Reaction Modifiers box in Unified to list bonuses By Line instead of as a paragraph. See the new gear menu.
  • Sheet View and Print Preview now let you view sheets as Facing Pages.
  • Build Campaign Book has been improved to allow you to use a reference library, so making changes later is easier.
  • Saving traits to a file from inside GCA will now result in GCA prompting you to see if you want to reload the library (IF the file you just saved to is part of the current library).
  • You can now right-click library traits in the Unified or Sheet view Library Lists to select categories that should be *excluded* from the current listing. You can clear those exclusions again by clicking the red X for the exclusion list that will appear below the Category list.
Old 09-03-2022, 10:19 AM   #47
Armin
GCA Prime

So, as seems traditional now, I broke something while fixing other things in this update.

In the Select dialogs, the process that limits traits to specified ranges is currently not working. For example, if a template says you can take up to 3 levels of Magery, you would currently be able to take more than that. All of these limits are currently broken.

I have fixed it for the next update, and will try to get that out soon.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:18 AM   #48
Steven Marsh

And, lo, as ordained by prophecy, GCA5 has been updated to version 5.0.199. Those who have purchased the digital download previously from Warehouse 23 version can download the new version from their their Warehouse 23 digital libraries.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:03 AM   #49
Steven Marsh

GCA5 has been updated to version 5.0.202. Those who have purchased the digital download previously from Warehouse 23 version can download the new version from their Warehouse 23 digital libraries on the old store, or the new store.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:21 AM   #50
Armin
GCA Prime

(I release notes by the build over at my GCA5 blog https://www.misersoft.com/gca5/ while I work, so exactly what's new in this release is everything that was noted since the previous release.)

This version includes minor bug fixes to book processing, bonuses, and the combination attacks editor

It includes some new stuff, including but not limited to:

* additional features for bonuses
* more math functions (heavily weighted toward those that aid randomization)
* improvements to some template features, including ability to apply protection from added armor
* general improvements to randomized character features
* an update to the plugin compiler so that plugins can properly reference required additional DLLs
* And an update to the Updater, to help avoid installing updates that aren't yet supported by your current version of GCA.