Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 10-15-2021, 06:28 PM   #1
WTFGamer

Default First Race!

Played with the small cars. He took the Warhawk with it's Linked Front and Back Machine Guns. I took the Missile packing Scarab with it's side mounted Recoilless Rifles.
We had a no fire zone for the first two tiles so we could start the race out of the pits without incident. Started getting internal hits pretty fast once weapons free.
I was behind the whole race. I had no forward facing weapons after I shot both my rockets.
He was chewing me up with that rear machine gun.
He was going speed 5 into the 2nd corner. I rammed him on the outside at speed 4, but nobody went out of control. We both took 4 damage. Me to the right side. Him to the left.
The corners allowed me to catch up and slide my recoilless rifle and my 45 side arm into a fire arc.
I killed his driver after the 3rd turn leaving him with a single attack. His Gunner took over driving the car.
I took out his rear gun and he tossed a grenade into my car. My gunner nearly died.
He slowed to speed 1 and I hit him with a 5 point blast from the rifle. (No clue what Hunter's problem is....) His power plant went up in a ball of flame.

We got to see most of the systems in play.

My friend is a Gaslands player. He loved it. Took about 2 hours with teaching. We could easily halve that now. Sadly, we had too much fun to snap any pics once the race started. I can't wait for the next race!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/M6GpeQVgasxMBVgJ7
WTFGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 06:53 PM   #2
beetle496

Default Re: First Race!

Thanks for the write-up!

How does your friend think CW compares to Gaslands?
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:38 PM   #3
WTFGamer

Default Re: First Race!

He thought he could more precisely maneuver with Gaslands templates. But he dug the speed CW has. I think the more we played, the more he enjoyed it. Waiting on those mats so we can do some arena style driving.
WTFGamer is offline   Reply With Quote