Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2021, 03:34 PM   #671
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Three more of the potential targets are on their off hours. Zybo will attempt to fetch each of them from the mess hall. The third one is Jivithi, who is from motive and might recognize Daymar.

Make rolls for these three officers.

The first mates are asleep. They could be wakened... or you could come up with a different scheme. What do you "suggest" Zybo do to check them?
Daymar will give each of those three officers the same Fanaticism as the previous one. He confirms to Zybo that he didn't see any of the three conspiring with Buzoku.

[443] 21-05-11 22:29:22 CEST

Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 15
1: 2 + 3 + 2 = 7 ... success
2: 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
3: 3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success

For Jivithi, he will also Suggest to him that Daymar's and Pothi's presence here is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

[444] 21-05-11 22:32:10 CEST

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success

I'll move the discussion of how to handle the first mates to the OOC thread.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:37 AM   #672
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

That is some fantastic rolling. Each of the second mates says they haven't noticed anything. And you think each of them has been converted into a Quinta Republic sympathizer.



Zybo: "So its either Nichapu or Chojo. How to get you a good look at them... We could meet again just before lights out for our shift, as they are waking up. Any other ideas?"



"Now, I need to get Engineering working on keeping the ship in hyperspace."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #673
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That is some fantastic rolling. Each of the second mates says they haven't noticed anything. And you think each of them has been converted into a Quinta Republic sympathizer.

Zybo: "So its either Nichapu or Chojo. How to get you a good look at them... We could meet again just before lights out for our shift, as they are waking up. Any other ideas?"

"Now, I need to get Engineering working on keeping the ship in hyperspace."
"That works. We'll meet you back here then." Daymar salutes Zybo, and then leads Pothi away.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:56 AM   #674
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pothi is astounded as they walk back: "how did you find out about the sabotage! That's amazing!"


Daymar is immediately put to working hard at restoring the drive. In fact, the anticipated work will make it difficult for Daymar to attend the rendezvous (in about 2 hours).



Zybo and Pacifica return to work. Pacifica receives a message from Zybo confirming that not only was the sabotage confirmed, but more work had been done to strengthen it. Someone had tried to destroy all of the high voltage meters. They're not sure who.


In about 10 hours Pacifica, Daymar, and Zybo will meet up again.



** I have somehow put everyone to work on the same shift by accident.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #675
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Lets go ahead and start the meeting. ... Its during their shift, but Thibi is willing to bend the rules for Hua.
So I guess the voltmeter sabotage was yesterday, relative to the meeting?

--

I'll go with the strategy of: Persuade Thibi to split again for efficiency, do work fast and get on to the meeting.

Quote:
[445] 21-05-13 16:46:43 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13 : 1 + 5 + 4 = 10 ... success
[446] 21-05-13 16:47:25 CEST
Housekeeping
3d6 <= 14 : 3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... success
[447] 21-05-13 16:47:47 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
--

Assuming everything proceeded without a hitch, and at least one of Pacifica and Daymar arrive, I'll listen to their description of the meeting, and then say:

So are we not going ahead with the sabotage the engines plan now? I mean, surely they'll fix the problem now and the four voltmeters I broke are moot.

Last edited by TGLS; 05-13-2021 at 09:51 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 01:55 PM   #676
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica heads to the meeting:

Pacifica 4 FP (displacement):
3d6 <= 14
1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success.

Pacifica +2 (Stealth):
3d6 <= 19
5 + 1 + 1 = 7 ... critical success!

Pacifica (Obsession):
3d6 <= 15
1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... critical success!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:43 AM   #677
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...) So are we not going ahead with the sabotage the engines plan now? I mean, surely they'll fix the problem now and the four voltmeters I broke are moot.
Pacifica explains to Hua how things went. She tells her about their success with Zybo, and the way they framed Chiki as the one sabotaging the engines, with Day as the witness.

Zybo asked me to carry on an investigation to find who the potential Dread-Stormers might be. I presented my report, with solid proof of Chiki’s potential culpability.

I told Zybo Day witnessed her messing with the engines; he was summoned and commented there was an officer helping her. Following his testimony, we worked a series of interviews to find who the officer aiding Chiki was.

This gave us a big opportunity window to brainwash the officers, which we did. I operated Zybo’s computer and searched for crucial information as I was “writing” the officer’s testimonies during the interviews.

We shall continue with this operation today, along Zybo, there are pending interviews and Day commented he has not recognized the culprit, yet. In the meantime, Day was put to work, he is repairing the engines right now.

Your job with the voltmeters supported our operation, it was exquisite.


Then, Pacifica shares more details about the officers they interviewed, and what will happen next. She also tells Hua about the information she found in Zybo’s computer.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 11:29 AM   #678
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pothi is astounded as they walk back: "how did you find out about the sabotage! That's amazing!"

Daymar is immediately put to working hard at restoring the drive. In fact, the anticipated work will make it difficult for Daymar to attend the rendezvous (in about 2 hours).

In about 10 hours Pacifica, Daymar, and Zybo will meet up again.

** I have somehow put everyone to work on the same shift by accident.
Daymar will try to speed up his work (taking -2 to take 20% less time).

[451] 21-05-14 18:27:21 CEST

Mechanic with effective skill 12, accepting -2 to do the work in 20% less time

3d6 <= 12
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success

If that's not sufficient, he'll use Suggestion to get their supervisor (if present) to excuse him and Pothi for a break.

[452] 21-05-14 18:28:50 CEST

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:05 PM   #679
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar is makes it to the meeting slightly late, having "somehow" convinced his superior to give them a break.



Pacifica's pilfering of the files turned up the latest plan the officers have for fighting the dreadstormers. Just before the ship arrives at the supply depot**, they plan to place an entire section of hyperdrive personel under arrest: Daymar's section to be precise. They also plan to leave a message saying they've run into dread stormers, and wait for a smaller ship that will hitting the same depot one to four days after the nightfall does. They will swap out large sections of the crew with that ship, as well as leaving a lot of their crew at the depot, especially ones suspected of being dreadstormers. They will also replenish their supply of psi-suppressing flour, and attempt to administer the pills in public to everyone again.


They've got a list of suspected dreadstormers... Pacifica is not on it. Daymar is on it, though he's in order with the rest of his section. Hua is on it as well.



** I believe this will happen in three days. Let me know if that sounds wrong
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:41 PM   #680
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Just before the ship arrives at the supply depot**, they plan to place an entire section of hyperdrive personel under arrest: Daymar's section to be precise.

** I believe this will happen in three days. Let me know if that sounds wrong
Well there goes the breakdown plan... Anything that could be done to salvage it? Failing that, what should we do before making a fast plan to take the ship?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.