Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-03-2023, 01:29 PM   #1571
vicious Violence

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain returns to his friends and delivers the news, and says:

It seems it will be hard moving about this room without suffering some kind of impairment from the stench. On the other hand, I believe that particular place was but a dumpster. Perhaps we should set it in fire? It looks like a gold mine for “undead crafting”.

What do you say? Vicious, do you feel like burning everything down to ashes?
So be it brother. Let the fire cleanse the unnatural.

Rolled 14 naturalist to start a fire, (success) skill level 15
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 06:54 AM   #1572
ajardoor

(OC: you can gather kindling easily enough from wrecked furniture and the vegetation outside, but how you plan to start a fire? Will you use any accelerant, like flammable oil? Spells?)
Old 08-06-2023, 10:38 PM   #1573
PumpkinLorica

It sounds quite fun! \(^ω^)/We could use the pieces of furniture and a little of gathikadabra(`・ω・´)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLRTS28bhMg
Old 08-13-2023, 02:35 PM   #1574
Hide

I suggest you start the fire Vicious, it might be quite easy with your survival skills. What do you say?

On the other hand, I think we might need to prepare to fight a swarm of creatures; it's the kind of thing that gathers when there is so much "food available". Any ideas?
Old 08-22-2023, 02:42 PM   #1575
PumpkinLorica

Please, let the fire-works begin! ・:*+.\(( °ω° ))/.:+I think we could make a barrier against the smoke and fire, can you? (^。^)comrade Telrith? Yes, and BURN down to ashes any creatures or filth lying in there. Yessss...∩^ω^∩ Gathika is piling up small pieces of combustible materials, accommodating them for easy disposal.(^○^)
Old 08-22-2023, 05:00 PM   #1576
ajardoor

The adventurers manage to set a fire where they need it and keep it under control.

A few minutes after the fire gets going, the delvers can see four Giant Rats scurry out of the wreckage in the room beyond and flee into a big pile of trash in a corner, away from the fire. They do not seem to want to anywhere near the flames.

Steeping into the room after the beasts have fled, the delvers find the room trashed and filthy. All furniture has been wrecked beyond repair. The only stand-out feature are four well-gnawed humanoid bodies (two are stripped to the bone with only traces of meat left), two of which are larger than normal for a human (perhaps they were strong warriors in their past life?) but no clothing or valuables can be found on them.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:40 PM   #1577
Hide

Good, fire has cleansed the place, it seems. Once the fire, the heat and the smoke dissipate, Bain makes use of his ability to cast a ray of light and further explore the room; a shimmering resembling polar (aurora) lights fills the area. Whilst aware of the evident effect of the fire, he asks the party to check for “harder” objects (pieces of metal from weapons, armor, or small valuables such as gems). Particularly, he asks Vicious about the bodies: What kind of creatures were these? Can you tell? He had the impression that large humanoids could be either orcs or lizardmen. If the necromancers are here, this could at least tell us what’s coming on.

Observation (13+1) 9.
Traps (14+1) 8.
Old 08-31-2023, 01:45 PM   #1578
vicious Violence

Quote:
Good, fire has cleansed the place, it seems. Once the fire, the heat and the smoke dissipate, Bain makes use of his ability to cast a ray of light and further explore the room; a shimmering resembling polar (aurora) lights fills the area. Whilst aware of the evident effect of the fire, he asks the party to check for “harder” objects (pieces of metal from weapons, armor, or small valuables such as gems). Particularly, he asks Vicious about the bodies: What kind of creatures were these? Can you tell? He had the impression that large humanoids could be either orcs or lizardmen. If the necromancers are here, this could at least tell us what’s coming on.

Observation (13+1) 9.
Traps (14+1) 8.
Vic uses Naturalist to determine the race of the larger bones, rolling 13 out of 14 sl.

Let me see brother, what kind of large beings we have here.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 07:48 AM   #1579
ajardoor

Quote:

Observation (13+1) 9.
Traps (14+1) 8.
Bain is sure that the room is clear. And nothing of value can be found in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic uses Naturalist to determine the race of the larger bones, rolling 13 out of 14 sl.

Let me see brother, what kind of large beings we have here.
Inspecting the four bodies, Vic realizes they are what remains of an ogre, one half-orc and 2 orcs.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:50 AM   #1580
PumpkinLorica

Gathika looks at the mouses with bright eyes, (´⊙ω⊙`)she wants to play with them. So She takes a stick on fire (“barking” ugabuga miaw miaw ) and starts scaring them away.(^。^)

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic