Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 08-01-2021, 04:51 AM   #1
Kristoffer

Default Limited-Use Items as power items & selling magic weapons?

Does the cost of spellstones used to make the item add to its value as a power item or should it be treated purely as an enchantment?

Also how do you guys deal with selling magic items to townsfolk. I doubt many would offer as much as is written in the book and I haven't found the advice on Selling the Unique in Exploits much use either as I have a hard time figuring out the level it is at.
Kristoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:54 AM   #2
Harald387

Default Re: Limited-Use Items as power items & selling magic weapons?

"Spellstones" don't exist in the Dungeon Fantasy RPG: while that cost is probably baked in to the magic item's cost (I'll confess, I haven't done the requisite math to find out, because one of the joys of DFRPG is that I don't need to), it's all treated as a single enchantment that doesn't add to the item's value as a power item.

Selling the Unique mostly applies to items that aren't "standard enchanted items" - else there wouldn't be a level that is "no better than a standard enchanted item". The game's assumption is that In Town (that is, any settlement large enough for town activities) you can just sell items for the base of 40% of list price, modified by Wealth, reaction rolls, and so on: the merchant will go on to sell it to someone else for a profit, and magic items are priced assuming a brisk trade in them goes on.
GP: How can that be?
M2: I don't know man, I didn't do it.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote