Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #291
jivjov

Default Re: Member House Rules

One house rule my group plays with concerns the Fairy Dust cards.

If you want a Fairy Dust card, you must specify that when offering to help or negotiating when someone asks for your help. Also, getting a Fairy Dust card prevents you from receiving ANY other rewards for helping (including a level, if you are an Elf).

I also made it very clear to everyone playing that several of the Fairy Dust cards are VERY powerful, and we need to be careful on who gets a hold of them.

This keeps people wary of giving people Fairy Dust cards, and makes sure helping out in combat can still result in getting treasures or whatnot.
jivjov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:34 AM   #292
Bogie1494

Default Re: Do I need Go Up a Level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBob View Post

You should not do both, though. GUAL is a patch for older sets; if you have all-new sets, they're already up to date and GUAL has nothing to offer you. Just buy one or the other.

We just added GUaL to our current decks and added the house rule "If it's on the card..." so there are some cards that are "better" than other cards. Like the old wizard vs new wizard powers or some halfling cards having negatives to runaway while the newer ones won't. Made things a bit more interesting
Bogie1494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #293
Sawmaniac

We have a new houserule now:

If a player is at level 9 (or 19 for Epic), then

-If he finds a monster whose Level is more than 10 below player's Combat Strentgh, any Munchkin may play one or more monsters from their hands without Wandering Monster
-He can't look for a trouble for such a monster (Look higher).
Sawmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 AM   #294
DragonBunny

Hi, Im new to the forum and I have been playing Munchkin for years and I love it. I have participated in the Munchkin World Cup at Gen Con 3 years in a row and I just love playing with other smart, funny players who love the game.
DragonBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #295
majikfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBunny View Post
Hi, Im new to the forum and I have been playing Munchkin for years and I love it. I have participated in the Munchkin World Cup at Gen Con 3 years in a row and I just love playing with other smart, funny players who love the game.
why you gotta live in New York? ... if you ever get to the Pacific North West look me up... We can play
Old 02-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #296
Potatoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawmaniac View Post
We have a new houserule now:

If a player is at level 9 (or 19 for Epic), then

-If he finds a monster whose Level is more than 10 below player's Combat Strentgh, any Munchkin may play one or more monsters from their hands without Wandering Monster
-He can't look for a trouble for such a monster (Look higher).
I like this!
Potatoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #297
Melzektis

hello everyone

i have almost every Munckin game and since i like to mix them all up i end up with very long and weird games so i thought i could try new ways to play and i would like to share them with you.

the first one is : Money can change the world
i play with only one game and keep the others close, at any point a player can pay 1000 gold piece or use a portal card to change the world, switching the current game with an other one (the discards stay the same)
like this you can jump from classic munchkin to munchkin bites for example and then take your vampire elf into space munchkin.

the second one is: World war
in this one every player has his own game and it ends up as Fantasy against Vampire against Space opera for example; of course if ou help someone in a combat you get treasure from his set and there is only one discard.

i don't play as often as i would like so i didn't tried them a lot but i would like to have your opinion.
Melzektis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #298
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melzektis View Post
the second one is: World war
in this one every player has his own game and it ends up as Fantasy against Vampire against Space opera for example; of course if ou help someone in a combat you get treasure from his set and there is only one discard.
Interesting. Of course the -goth, bat, shark and other such rules wouldn't come into play much at all.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:44 PM   #299
Snibe

We don't have a ton of house rules as of yet, but we have a fair number of ideas to flesh out a bit more. One house rule we do have though is that we still start with 4 door and 4 treasure cards at the beginning of the game, but when you die you only get 2 of each as punishment for being all feable and weak, which as we all know, is very unmunchkinly. I don't know why we decided having your corpse looted wasn't enough, but it just isn't for us, which we think IS munchkinly of us! Suprisingly, we haven't run into any problems with getting back into contention.
Snibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 AM   #300
Melzektis

i really liked the fairy dust idea of a stack of cards to reward good behaviour so i put in my favorites cards (such as Chimera and super duper munchkin + a few funny monsters) to get almost half a deck of surprise.

juste Knowing which cards are in it makes even the most cruel of player play nice... at the beginning at least.
Melzektis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice