Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 04-15-2022, 03:40 PM   #1
powellhall

Default Retail Release Date?

I’ve had several people ask me when CW6 is going to be sold retail. Somebody asked me today and I told them that it should hopefully be out within a couple of months.
Do we have even an approximate release date for retail yet?
powellhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:44 PM   #2
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Retail Release Date?

There is no wide release date at this time. We will make an announcement when we are ready to offer the game to a larger audience.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:22 AM   #3
Yenaldlooshi

I can't wait. It is a bit embarrassing to take my copy into my local game shop whom I support when I can, and start playing a game in front of others who cannot purchase a copy there.... :(
Yenaldlooshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 04:47 AM   #4
powellhall

I’m very happy that CW6 is now available on warehouse 23 but I’ve always been an advocate of supporting my local retailers.
Now that everything is available online, does this mean we’ll be seeing CW6 on our FLGS shelves by Christmas or maybe sooner?

Last edited by powellhall; 05-03-2022 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:23 AM   #5
philreed
I do stuff and things.

We do not have a wide release date for the game at this time. A distribution release is an entirely different sort of ordeal, and our primary Car Wars Sixth Edition focus has been on the Kickstarter fulfillment. We've been slowly preparing for a Car Wars Sixth Edition distribution launch, but we're not ready at this time.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:39 AM   #6
powellhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
We do not have a wide release date for the game at this time. A distribution release is an entirely different sort of ordeal, and our primary Car Wars Sixth Edition focus has been on the Kickstarter fulfillment. We've been slowly preparing for a Car Wars Sixth Edition distribution launch, but we're not ready at this time.
Thanks Phil. I’ve been waiting to start some regular “Amateur Night / Learn to Play” scenarios at my FLGS as the availability question always comes up.
I guess ill go ahead and get started with the games now that we have online availability and I’ll happily pass along any ordering information I can.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #7
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellhall View Post
Thanks Phil. I’ve been waiting to start some regular “Amateur Night / Learn to Play” scenarios at my FLGS as the availability question always comes up.
I guess ill go ahead and get started with the games now that we have online availability and I’ll happily pass along any ordering information I can.
Retailers may order direct. They need to email retailers@sjgames.com for information on setting up a direct account.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:00 AM   #8
baakyocalder

Daily Illuminator for today mentions no retail date yet.

It does have the instructions for buying directly, be one a customer or a retailer.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:32 PM   #9
powellhall

From the Daiiy Illuminator 😎👍

“September 13, 2022: Car Wars Sixth Edition, Worldwide Release in October and November!

Now that the final stages of the fulfillment of the physical Kickstarter rewards are coming to a close, we're ready to announce the release of Car Wars Sixth Edition to our distributors across the world.

Currently, our plan is to make the following titles available to our distributors:

October 5 Street Date

Car Wars Two-Player Starter Set Red/Yellow
Car Wars Two-Player Starter Set Blue/Green
October 19 Street Date

Car Wars Miniatures Set 1
Car Wars Miniatures Set 2
November 2 Street Date

Car Wars Miniatures Set 3
Car Wars Miniatures Set 4
November 16 Street Date

Car Wars Core Set
That puts all of these items in stores before the Black Friday weekend, making them wonderful holiday gifts for the Car Wars fans on your shopping list. If you want a copy of the game and prefer to shop at your favorite local game store, please visit them soon to special order the Car Wars Sixth Edition games and accessories. All you need is one of the two-player sets to play, and combining both two-player sets -- or picking up the Core Set -- will give you enough components to handle up to four players in the same arena.

It feels amazing to hit this stage and we cannot wait to watch as more of you across the world get your hands on the game and get a chance to play. It's the fastest edition of Car Wars yet, and the boxes are packed with carnage, mayhem, and destruction. Just add your friends and play!

-- Phil Reed“
Old 09-15-2022, 06:41 PM   #10
Overload

Other than the $10 savings, is there anything in the Core Set that isn't in the Red/Yellow + Blue/Green Starter sets?
Overload is offline   Reply With Quote