Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
Onkl

Default National Zombies

Hi guys

I am hoping to get your input on a GURPS Zombies campaign I am planing. It's based on the Ultimate Zombie-Fighters scenario presented in GURPS Zombies: Day One.

The campaign will have a lot of different zombie types, all based on this:

Code:
STATS

ST	11	HP	15	Speed	4
DX	9	Will	8	Move	3
IQ	8	Per	10		
HT	10	FP	10	SM	+0
Dodge	6	Parry	7	DR	
Knkdwn	13	Death	Auto	Cnscsns	10
4	-15				

WEAPONS
Move and Grapple (#9) torso with two hands
All-Out Grapple (#13) torso with two hands
All-Out Bite (#13): 1d-2 cr - random hit location
All-Out Punch (#13): 1d-2 cr - random hit location

TRAITS

Doesn't Breathe, Doesn't Sleep, Doesn't Eat, Dominance (Horde; No Onset Time), High Pain Threshold, Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, Injury Tolerance (No Blood; No Vitals; Unliving), Night Vision 2, Single Minded, Temperature Tolerance 10, Unfazeable, Pestilent Wounds, 

Appearance (Monstrous; Universal), Bad Smell, Bestial, Fragile (Unnatural), Hidebound, Low Empathy, Mute, No Sense of Humor, Short Lifespan, Social Stigma (Monster), Uncontrollable Appetite (Brains, always), Unhealing (Total), Vulnerability (Headshots; Common; x4), Involunteray Utterance, Sexless
I've then modified this baseline and created the following types which I hope are self explanatory by the names I've chosen:

Runner, Jumper, Gluespitter, Howler (attracts additional Zombies), Puker (The puked gets all aggro), Hunter, Tank, Witch (See Left4Dead CompuGame), Toothspitter, Smogger (Limits visibility and causes halluzinations by … farts)

As you can see there is a bit of infantile humor involved, the campaign while grim, should have a humorous undertone. So I thought, why not make national zombies. What I mean by that is that each country you travel to has a few zombies, based on national stereotypes.

So for example all the russian zombies could have some form of drunken power, giving them a constant -2 to be hit because they move so erratic.

French zombies could smell like cheese gone very bad, represented as an aura that causes a nauseating condition.

And so on - and that is where you come into the picture. If you have any ideas you would like to share, please do so. It is very much appreciated. But please also keep this thread civil. It is by no means meant to be taken seriously or to insult anybody.

Cheers

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:56 PM   #2
starslayer

Default Re: National Zombies

Canadian zombies- Aren't affected by cold, last much longer, lack bad smell, and always grunt politely before attacking (Giving +4 telegraphic on all of their attacks).

They are filled with sweet smelling maple syrup for blood, and the heavenly scent causes those who fail will rolls to wander right into hoards of them subconsciously.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:29 AM   #3
CeeDub

German zombies have the One Arm disadvantage. They have two arms, but one is completely stiff, with the hand always raised to shoulder height.

ETA: Groups of zombies also march in lockstep.

Last edited by CeeDub; 10-08-2015 at 08:29 AM.
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:09 AM   #4
Flyndaran
Untagged

American zombies bloat up and roll toward, and over, victims. They starve more quickly but only become more dangerous as they do so.

Soviet Zombies split into many autonomous monsters with the largest but not most dangerous piece groaning the loudest.

Zaire Zombies groan, "Ebola". They don't carry it, but merely hearing the word induces panic in the living.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:44 AM   #5
Anders

Swedish zombies are armed with pieces of IKEA furniture. When left to themselves they sit still and puzzle over how to put them together.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #6
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper

Ukrish zombies are generally happy to mind their own business until you disturb them (kinda like lone zombies in L4D). Likewise, can quickly mobilise into dangerous crowds if you do happen to overstep their indifference (kinda like halfway between mobs and Witches from L4D, too). On the bright side, they tend to spawn multiple leaders per crowd, and thus aren't good at coherently puruing the same target - soon the mob once again disperses into many quiet ones.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #7
Gold & Appel Inc

American zombies also tend to carry automatic weapons and fire off bursts at anything that annoys them until they run out of ammo. They don't reload, but will keep the weapon and try firing it first in every combat encounter afterward, then attempt crude bludgeoning maneuvers with it.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #8
DangerousThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeDub View Post
German zombies have the One Arm disadvantage. They have two arms, but one is completely stiff, with the hand always raised to shoulder height.

ETA: Groups of zombies also march in lockstep.
Once you've mentioned Hitler in an Internet discussion, it's over.

It's also in extremely bad taste without being funny, INHO
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:52 PM   #9
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
It's also in extremely bad taste without being funny, INHO
Blame the original post - that's where the horrid stereotypes started. I think "horrid stereotypes" is the whole idea of this thread...
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #10
CeeDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
As you can see there is a bit of infantile humor involved, the campaign while grim, should have a humorous undertone.
I'll just leave this here, emphasis mine.
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighters, stereotypes, ultimate, zombie